🐍6🐍

I stare at myself in the mirror

I stare at myself in the mirror. The spaghetti-strapped dress flowed like water from my waist to the floor. Giulia is taller than I am, and that's an advantage because I get to cover the black kitten heels with a pointed toe I came here with. It's my most valued item and the only shoe I got at the thrift store for eight dollars. I believe the brand is Saint Laurent Paris-I'm not too popular with that.

I got the shoe and went to polish it. It's a beautiful shoe but doesn't go with the dress. I swiped a cherry shade of lipstick on my lips. I just stare at myself in the mirror. I don't wear colour, but black and white and that's something new on my body. The dress isn't for me. It was for people with money and a tall height or those who could avoid tall heels. I was none of that.

I took a deep breath and entered my backpack. I cleared all the suspicious data and put it back inside the bag out of fear that Marco would put his skills to work and catch me. I'm nervous because I can finally get on with revenge before the final blow in Mexico. I swung the bag over my shoulders and peeped behind the door. It's clear, and I open it and move to the nearest bathroom to the dining room.

I hear glass clattering and applause, which tells me Giulia has just entered the room. I knock on the bathroom door, and when no one responds, I enter and lock it behind me. There aren't many places I can hide this bag but beneath the sink. I hid it behind buckets and chemicals before washing my hands and leaving.

People swarm the dining hall, and I can't help but look for the man I'm targeting. That camera did him no justice. The man could dress and hold himself. He moved with precision, staying out of the spotlight. I grab a glass from a passing server and bring it to my lips.

I thought men stopped wearing billowy shirts centuries ago, but not Marco. He wore the white silk like he owned it. What made it all the more arousing was I knew what was beneath that shirt and the buttons undone, showing his chains. He didn't bother putting his hair up. The black dress pants hugged his thighs, and I couldn't resist eyeing the way he pulled his lip between his pearly whites.

Why did the man have to be handsome? I'd expect a man with an ugly haircut, a thick, unkept beard, a permanent angry scowl, and someone who didn't keep himself clean. I have the opposite to handle and don't know how the third part of the plan would go.

I can't get or interfere with the mastermind of this kidnapping tonight. It's like stealing the queen's crown. The man himself is bulky and trying to hide in the shadows with a black suit thats fitted for his body. They don't sell clothing to accommodate sizes like his-it's customised. He'd kill me or see through my facade if I were to seduce him. Fuck! He is handsome, alright, but he'd snap me in half. I threw my drink back and moved closer like another guest here to eat, drink and celebrate the widow and his new bride.

Giulia's seated at the table, her face pale and like she could throw up any second. I watch Greta, who can't keep her pitiful eyes off her cousin, and if I know right, it's a guilty look. I don't like her.