🐍12🐍

I tried to be calm as we walked to the dining room

I tried to be calm as we walked to the dining room. Marco walks beside me, and I cant decipher the expression on his face. What is it with him appearing distant unless he has something sexual to say or when he is angry?

I saw a different side of him moments ago, and I cried before a man for the first time since I was a little girl. I'd expected him to get mad and stop me, but he fueled the fire with the word love and wiping my tears.

He can't love me, and neither can I. I can't love him because I'm not here forever and don't know how to show love. We both can't do it, so that's something good. "Are you alright, baby?" I smile, nodding my head, hoping I'm convincing enough.

I'm scared as fuck to meet the wife of the man I will kill. Will she see through me?

How nice is she?

When did life start being good to me?

I'ts too much. I can't take on the guilt, and I can't do anything to stop it. I can be a bitch and push Marco away, but it'll only drive my chance away from Fyodor Mikhailov. The worst is that Marco would never stop looking for me. He said it, and I've already bared my soul to him with two words: only you.

He pushes a door, and I find Sasha and a brown-haired girl fighting over bottles of wine. Who is she?

Marco clears his throat, and I'm twisting my ring. "Marcs!" The woman says with a high-pitched voice. She has cerulean eyes and cherry lipstick on, and her eyes sharpen because of the ponytail in her hair.

"Hey, kid." He smiles, pulling her for a hug. I've never seen him like this. Was he only like that with her? It can't be his sister.

"Don't call me that, asshole. You're embarrassing me in my twenties." She groans before stepping away and eyeing me. "Who is this?" She furrows her brows and takes her fill of me. My heart beats wildly against my ribcage, and I remind myself I shouldn't care what she thinks of me.

I watch Marco, and that smile is still on his face. "That's his lover, Lisitsa." She gasped, and I nearly choked. What the fuck is wrong with that hyena with the grin in the room?

"Marco?" The girl gasps. "You have a lover and said nothing? That colour looks good on you. Come." She walks to me and gently pulls me by the arm. Her hands are warm, and I resist the urge to pull away. "I'm Katya. Marco's sister from different parents." Marco rolls his eyes and goes to the wine.

"I'm Clara," I swear I'll have nightmares from saying or hearing this name.

"She's not social like you, kid. Lay off a bit."

"You're just eight years older than I am. Quit calling me kid." She glares at Marco's back. "Is he like this with you?"

"No." She grins, walking me to the wine bottles. "Which colour wine girl are you?"