🐍26🐍

I'm waiting at the airport terminals with a wad of cash inside a briefcase

I'm waiting at the airport terminals with a wad of cash inside a briefcase. The handle sears my sweaty palm as I pace the airport floors. Maybe it looks suspicious, but I don't care. The security men—I'm sure—are on Javier's payroll.

Where the fuck is Camilo? Listen, it's not why I'm here, but with Javier breathing down my neck about this cabrón, we had to find some way to execute this damn plan.

I eyed the security, noting that some shamefully had their eyes on me. Javier didn't trust me anymore? That could work because I'm taking him down this week, but I've got to be careful.

I turned away from prying eyes and slid my hand inside my pocket. There, my fingers touch the hard keys of a burner phone I managed to buy at a run-down retail store. It looked bad enough that I thought those items got stolen and some shady business happened, but I needed that phone and SIM.

Familiarising myself with the keyboard, I began typing Camilo's number. Doing this inside my sweater's front pocket, I press the phone button so the call can ring. When the vibrating stopped, signalling Camilo picked his phone up, I pressed the thing to my ear.

"¿Dónde estás?" I hissed. "The dealer could reach here any minute, and I've got security on my tail." I sit on the bench, far from the other occupants. I haven't seen anyone out of the ordinary keeping an eye on me, and that meant Javier might have stuck to the security footage and the men.

"You had me hack these cameras! It doesn't take five minutes." Oh fuck, I forgot that. And I taught him a thing or two because I can't do three things at a time.

"You're in a van near the airport, Cabrón." I groaned. "You know I can't talk about things with you on the phone. Javier could track it down because he doesn't trust you either! Give or take."

"Are you done, woman?" I rolled my eyes.

"Are you done?"

"Not yet. I'm getting information on Neva's whereabouts."

I released a frustrated breath. "Camilo." I hissed. "What happened to the man who sold him that helicopter? Listen, I appreciate what you're doing tenfold, but you can't trust the software! I didn't back your phone up because I didn't want Javier getting more suspicious than he already is."

"Who said anything about a cell phone? I have gotten my laptop under different ownership." It sounds like he is rolling his eyes—something he picked up from me. That bastard!

"And the GPS tracker?"

"I'm not advanced in that area." I clenched my jaw. Again, I can't do three things at the same time.

"You know we're hitting real soon?"

"The end of the week?" That is why I didn't want to talk over a damn phone call. Camilo and I haven't interacted face-to-face since Javier sent him to the damn city.