🐍24🐍

I bring the coffee mug to my lips, reclining in the chair as I watch codes flash across the laptop

I bring the coffee mug to my lips, reclining in the chair as I watch codes flash across the laptop. Fuck! What time was it? Worst, what day was it?

Another two or three days have passed, and Germany, Bolivia, fucking China and New Zealand came up on my screen. I've even searched the airports in Mexico, knowing it's her home, and I've come empty fucking handed. I bet that Clara is in Mexico, but whoever the fuck she works with-whether it be Javier, erased all traces of her.

The airport searches have been useless in the past two weeks. That distinctive nose and lips haven't popped up because someone wiped it out. I'm losing my fucking mind every hour something false comes up because it's never been difficult. Worst of all, I'm losing my mind for a damn woman!

There's a notification on my phone, and I press the pad of my thumb to unlock the device. "Fuck!" I rushed to the closet and yanked a clean shirt from the hanger. I take a comb through my hair and throw my coffee down whilst I slide my shoes in before grabbing a watch and rushing out of the room.

"Next time, I'll let him have your ass."

"Thanks, Solntse." I leaned in to kiss her forehead, but she retracted.

"Your breath stinks." I blow in my hand and inhale.

"Fuck, you're right." She even hands me a bottle of mint. How the fuck was she prepared for this? I plop three mints onto my tongue and rush down the hallway. As I near the meeting room, I hear Adrik yell my name. "Boss?" I opened the door, tensed as fuck. Even Adrik looks ready to blow a gasket.

Thank fuck he didn't care if I were at this meeting or not. He'd have told me everything afterwards, but I can't make it a habit to catch unwanted attention. "Get down to Allure of the Seas and question every motherfucker about last night's robbery. Then, get the security footage available with Petrov's bullshit about none of the cameras being on. Get it fast and now. Take Konstantin with you." A robbery?

Well, fuck me! The meeting has even finished, and I'm just realising that. What fucking time is it? I checked my watch and groaned when I realised the damn hands seized. I turn to leave, and the door opens.

I'm not doing this today, and thank fuck I'm leaving the house. "Hey, Marco." Mikhail strode inside the office, and I was already out the door. That was Adrik's package to deal with, not mine.

I liked the boy, but fuck, I'm already out of it.