Jungkook

"He was my safe place but now he's just..."

She took a deep breath, and with her shaky, soft voice, she said...

"why did you do this to me?"

When I saw the tears in her eyes, it hit me hard. I never wanted to cause her this pain, especially not now, not in this moment.

I was at a loss for words. She looked at me, awaiting my response.

"Jungkook..."

I couldn't meet her gaze, so I lowered my eyes, not daring to look at her.

"No wait, that's  correct, Chief Jungkook.."

"Aria, please don't do this."

"Do what, Jungkook?"

She looked at me, but I continued to avoid her gaze. I didn't want to see the hurt in her eyes.

"You fucked me up, you fucking made me to lov..."

I could feel the intensity in the air as I mustered the strength to speak up.

"Stop," I said firmly, my voice filled with frustration.

Finally, I found the courage to look her in the eyes.

"Don't you dare say that word."

With every word I'm about to say, I know it's going to cause her more pain.

"I'm engaged to your sister. You can't say that to me."

Her reaction was one of shock as the weight of my words sank in.

"What happened between us before was a mistake, and it shouldn't have happened again," I confessed.

"What?" she exclaimed, clearly taken aback by my admission.

"You heard me right," I asserted, "You're my wife's sister, and I'm about to be your brother-in-law. We need to respect your sister and just be siblings."

She placed her hands on her chest, desperately trying to steady her breath. I could see her hand shaking violently as she struggled to maintain her composure.

"Jungkook, there's one thing I need to ask you. Please, be honest with your answer."

I didn't even glance her way. Instead, my gaze was fixed on the window to my right, taking in the view outside my office.

"Turn your attention to me," she implored.

I didn't meet her gaze, though I knew she was anticipating it.

"Jungkook, was everything merely a game to you? Were your words and actions sincere?" she questioned.

I shut my eyes, scrambling for the appropriate response. I didn't want to inflict any more hurt on her.

My retaliation wasn't quite prepared to be unleashed.

"Jung...," she started, her voice quivering. She teetered on the edge of tears but held them back.