Jungkook

"Aria, I've told you before, you can't fucking stay here. You need to leave now."

I  can't let her stay here; it's not safe. I don't want anything bad to happen to her.

"Why? What's happening?"

"There's no time to explain—just go, now!"

We were making our way to the other room when suddenly, I caught sight of Jackson. He was there with his father and a few other men, their expressions grim and serious.

It was clear they were deep in discussion, possibly about the very danger we were trying to catch

"Shhh"

The urgency of the moment was palpable. I pressed Aria against the wall, instinctively shielding her.

Our faces were mere inches apart, and I could feel the rise and fall of our chests as they touched, betraying the adrenaline that coursed through us both.

"What's.."

The tension spiked as my thumb gently pressed against her lips, a silent plea for silence.

"Sweetheart, don't make a sound," I whispered.

Her eyes, wide with understanding, nodded in agreement. Every sound outside our bubble seemed amplified, making it a struggle to eavesdrop.

"We're waiting for Bruno; he always has the info—when the boat's moving, its arrival time, and who's on board."

"Yep, we've got a ton of stuff on that boat, and we can't let anything get messed up at all."

"For sure"

As they talked, I was tuned into Aria, her heart pounding like a drum in my ears, each beat loud and clear.

She was doing everything to keep her breathing steady, but the effort was written all over her—every breath a silent battle.

It's like she's caught in a moment, trying to hide her feelings by looking away. Meanwhile, I'm  just there, noticing all the little details that make her uniquely beautiful, especially from this close.

"Chief,"

the voice crackles directly into my earbud, an unexpected whisper amidst the silence.

"Chief, where are you?"

The urgency in the voice is unmistakable.

Pressing the earpiece closer, I respond with calm precision,

"Here in the location, ready for it."

Peering over once more, Jackson's already slipped away with his crew.

His dad's still there, deep in conversation, but their words are just a muffled buzz in the background.

I'm so nervous, and my heart's pounding like crazy because of this sweetheart of mine.

They were coming to our way