Jungkook

Before I could finish my sentence, a sudden knock on the door cut through the silence, leaving us both startled and confused.

"Who could that be?" she whispered with a puzzled look.

"I have no idea. No one else is supposed to know we're here, just you and me," I replied, my curiosity piqued.

Rising from the couch, she trailed behind me, clad only in my shirt, her steps uncertain. As I approached the door, her presence just a breath away, I could sense her apprehension. I reached out, turned the knob, and pulled the door open, only to be met with a sight that sent a chill down my spine.

Aria's eyes widened in shock, her body tensed up as if she'd turned to stone. The person at the door glared at me, eyes burning with fury.

"What did I explicitly tell you?" the voice boomed, a mix of anger and betrayal lacing each word.

"Ethen," she barely managed to utter, her voice a mix of fear and embarrassment, acutely aware of her scant attire.

Her brother, Ethen, stood there, the last person we expected—or wanted—to see, especially after the recent conversation we'd had with him. He had made it clear that he didn't approve of us being together, and yet, here we were.

"Ethen..." she began, attempting to seek refuge behind me, but it was no use. Ethen barged into the house as if it were his own, not even waiting for an invitation. His intrusion marked the beginning of an inevitable confrontation we were both dreading.

"Wh...ho..."

His words struggled to escape his mouth, his surprise evident in his expression as he took in the unexpected sight before him.

"Did you two just..." he started, his voice trailing off with a mix of disbelief and anger.

Trying to divert the attention, I quickly interjected, "Hey, how did you even find this place?"

He smirked, a hint of mischief in his eyes. "I have my ways. Not just you."

His gaze shifted to Aria, his voice filled with frustration.

"Aria, didn't I explicitly tell you to stay away from him? What the hell are you doing here, and why are you wearing his shirt?"

Silence hung in the air as we all stood there, none of us daring to speak. Ethen, impatient for answers, locked eyes with us, waiting for one of us to break the silence.

"Did you two sleep together?" he finally asked, his tone filled with a mixture of anger and disappointment.

Knowing that he didn't want to hear the truth, I simply maintained my gaze, refusing to give him the satisfaction of a response.

Aria, on the other hand, quietly retreated to her room, her steps heavy with unease, to change her clothes.

Ethen remained in the living room with me, the tension palpable as we both awaited Aria's return. After a few anxious minutes, she emerged, avoiding her brother's gaze and instead fixing her eyes on me.

"I swear," Ethen began, his voice laced with a dangerous intensity, "if I ever catch you with her again, I'm going to make you regret it. We're done, you hear me? You're not my best friend anymore, and you can't be with her. Leave us alone."