Chapter 23: The Town of Demons

The Ravana Manor, Ravainia

After a few more hours of driving, Kagari and Erza finally reached their destination in the town of Ravainia. As they drove through the city, Kagari took in the sights as it was a very large town with a rough terrain not suited for railroad travel and despite the large ocean view, what caught truly his attention was the towering hills and mountains far past the town. But they also saw some of the streets and buildings that were destroyed or damaged by the demon attacks.

Kagari and Erza pulled up into the courtyard of the hotel will be staying in until their job was over. The Ravana Manor, it was the largest and most lavish building in the entire town. Once they parked, the two of them walked inside the main lobby of the hotel where Erza checked in with the clerk. After they checked in, they walked to their assigned room, it was discovered that the room was only meant for one person and the others were booked.

Erza: Ah, so the clerk was telling the truth, after all.

Kagari: -_-....So it's really just one room and one bed. Well, that's unfortunate. You know, I could just sleep in the car while you sleep in here.

Erza: Me, sleeping in here while you sleep in the car outside in the cold. No. That's not very fair.

Kagari: I'll be fine. I've slept in worse places before than a small car, you know.

Erza: Still that's not acceptable to me. You'll just have to sleep with me tonight.

Kagari: And you'd be okay with that, the two of us sleeping in the same bed?

Erza: Of course, I wouldn't sleep well knowing you're sleeping outside in the magic mobile. It's not right.

Kagari's Thoughts: Well, she's not gonna change her mind. She's just as stubborn as Natsu.

Kagari: Alright, if you say so.

Erza: Good. Now, let's get our luggage in the room. We have a meeting with the mayor to attend.

(Timeskip)

Kagari got the luggage from the main lobby to their room in record timing which earned him another head slam to Erza's chest-plate before heading to meet the mayor at one of the restaurants in town. On the way, the two of them witnessed the aftermath of a demon attack on another section of the town.

In the Revené Café, Erza and Kagari were sitting at a table with drinks as the door opened and a tall, middle aged man in an all black suit with black dress shoes met them at their table

Mayor: I take it that you two are the wizards from the Fairy Tail Guild who accepted my request, correct?

Kagari: Yes, that is us. So, you must be the mayor?