Chapter 34: Wrath of the Double Dungeon

Now, following the dark orb known as Shade, Fairy Tail's Strongest Team began to make their way through the endless void of Kagari's subconscious mind. As they walked, the orb stopped infront of what appeared to be a cloud of light.

Erza: Why did you stop, Shade?

Shade: Because we've arrived at the first memory.

Natsu: Huh? Where? I don't see anything...

Shade: Please, wait just for a moment.

Suddenly, the cloud began to grow in size until it turned into a giant portal.

Lucy: Whoa, what is that?!

Shade: This is called a Memory Gate

Shade: This is called a Memory Gate. Once you enter, you'll be able to see the memory this gate holds within. Please, follow me.

With that, the dark orb floated into the Memory Gate, out of sight.

Lucy: It disappeared?!

Erza: Well, he did say these gates contain Kagari's memories.

Erza walked towards the Memory Gate and disappeared once she stepped inside.

Natsu: I'm going to beat you there first, stripper!

Gray: You're not beating me, ya pink haired punk!

Natsu and Gray both ran inside of the Memory Gate, out of sight.

Lucy: Do they really need to do that?

Happy: Aye. But you might wanna come too, Lucy. You're the last one.

Lucy: Hey! Wait for me, guys!

With that, the team began the journey through Kagari's mind.

(Timeskip)

Meanwhile, far deeper within his mind, a familiar face could be seen as he sat in place by himself.

It was Kagari. He was quietly sitting with his eyes closed, alone with his thoughts. That was until he sensed a familiar presence which made him stand up.

Kagari: *Sighs*

Kagari: Took you long enough..

Ashborn: I never took you as the type of person to allow visitors inside of your mind...