Chapter 36: Wisdom Found In Loss

"If you guys are lucky, I'll extend the arc up to Chapter 45"

Tokyo, Japan

Kagari could be seen sitting down on the roof of a  tall building, looking on over his home city of Tokyo, Japan.  Just as the Fairy Tail Wizards, he was also going through The Memory Gates, journeying within his own past. As he sat down, a very large figure stood beside him, admiring the scenery just as he was. Ashborn was standing right by his side.

Kagari: Came to admire the view, too?

Ashborn: Indeed.

Kagari and Ashborn looked at the beautiful view of the city in silence as it was broken when one of them spoke.

Ashborn: Ever since your arrival in this new world, your thoughts have been clouded with immense blame.

Kagari: Well, I'm not surprised you knew... you are inside my head... you're right...

Ashborn: You blame yourself for what happened to your home-world. As well as events that were under your control, and events completely out of it.

Knowing what he meant, Kagari lowered his head, looking down.

Kagari: That... is true...

Ashborn: But you have also been trying to come to terms with these events, which is why you've allowed your companions entrance within your mind.

Kagari; Well, I did learn of their pasts. Only fair that they know mine...

Ashborn: Hmm, you do understand that it's still too early for your comrades to know of my existence, right?

Kagari: Yeah, I'm sure they'll all have some questions when this is all over. I don't want them to know everything.

Ashborn: I see...

Kagari: But now since we have some time, I'd like to ask something.

Ashborn: And what would that be...?

As they talked, the scenery of Tokyo began to vanish as Kagari and Ashborn were now back in the dark void of his mind.

Kagari: You've seen all of my memories, so can you remind me...?

Kagari: What did I used to be like...?  Before... well, everything else in my life.... I mean...

Ashborn paused for a moment before he began to answer him.

Ashborn: "...."

Ashborn: Young, Smart, Naive....

Kagari: "...."

"