Chapter 30 - Izan

Izan 

I got on top of her delicate body, careful not to crush her, and deepened the kiss. She didn't react to it at first, as I might have taken her by surprise, but after a moment of nibbling at her lower lip, she kissed back.

I was losing every bit of control I had left, with every finger of hers running through my hair. I didn't give a fuck anymore. 

I knew I should have asked first, but she didn't push me away. I took that as acceptance.

I positioned my left elbow near her head to lessen my weight off her body, and my right hand held her waist in place. I bit on her lip, earning a sensational moan, requesting entrance, and she understood. 

Vera opened her mouth, and I slid my tongue, easily finding my way inside.

She felt so good, so right, so heavenly, and I didn't know if I could ever stop. 

She was my missing puzzle piece.

She knew about my past, and she didn't judge. 

She saw my gray side and accepted me wholeheartedly. 

She was an angel. My perfect angel, and I was the devil, her devil if she let me be. I didn't feel bad for staining my dark colors on her pure soul. I was selfish like that, and I didn't give a damn. I didn't want this to be a one-time thing. Her sweet self was addicting, and I was beyond fixing.

I fell head-first down the rabbit hole and was the happiest I had ever been since I was ten.

She broke the kiss to catch her breath, and I rubbed my cheek on hers, giving her time to breathe. "That was..." she said breathlessly, and I smirked once I saw her crimson cheeks. 

It was good that the lamp was still on because her eyes were glowing, and I got drunk at the sight in front of me. She was always beautiful, but now, she was agonizingly drop-dead gorgeous.

I left light kisses on her jaw, and her hold on my hair loosened a bit, making me stare at her for a moment. She was painfully sweet. 

"Are you okay?" I asked, suddenly regretting pushing myself on her when she was exhausted. But when I remembered who she was trapped with not long ago, I felt mad. I tightened my grip on her waist, yet I didn't hurt her. She was safe with me. 

She'll always be safe with me.

She closed her eyes and nodded. "Thank you, Izan," she whispered, and not a minute later, she actually fell asleep.

Thank you? What does that mean?

Did she just thank me for kissing her?

I wouldn't put it past her.

Vera, you will kill me one day.

~~~

After overthinking her last words and coming up with a possible meaning, I finally fell asleep with her tucked in my arms around two in the morning.

When I opened my eyes again, it was six in the morning.

But what surprised me was not the time but the sensation on my lips. Verena was kissing me ever so gently, and it took me a minute to realize what was happening. I was not dreaming.

"Good morning, Izan," she whispered against my lips, and I wrapped my arms around her hips, and my legs intermingled with hers. She placed her palms on my chest, grinning. 

She was in a good mood.

"Do that again."

She giggled like the angel she was when I ran circles on her bare skin above the waistband of her shorts, where her shirt had risen up. "Do what again?"

"Vera," I grumbled, but I knew she was teasing me. For someone so innocent with no experience in these things, she sure knew how to irritate a man and awaken his friend. "Por favor." I didn't think I would ever beg anyone for anything, but here I was, a full-grown ass man begging for a peck on the lips. 

I didn't mind going down on my knees for her. 

I was gone out of my mind for her, and I didn't give a fuck. I was tired of being the most responsible man in the mafia. I wanted someone to spoil me, and I needed Vera to do that.

What the fuck is wrong with you, Izan?

She finally kissed me again when she saw my frown, but it was short, soft, and unsatisfying.

"You know I don't do flings or one-night stands, so what does this make us?" she asked, actually concerned that I was just doing this for fun. 

This was a life commitment for me. I was damn serious about her. I was either not in or all in, nothing in between. With her, I was all in.

I brushed her hair from her forehead. "I used to have unserious flings, but it's been a while since I have been intimate with anyone. This is the first time in my life I get attached to a woman, no... a person, like this. You changed my life, Vera, and I cannot see a future without you in it," I confessed, ready to take a leap of faith and dive into something utterly out of my comfort zone, but I wasn't scared.

She gawked at me like I grew another head... I did, but down there. 

"This is... I- I don't... Can we not label this for now?" she asked, hiding her face from me, afraid of my reaction. I gently grabbed her chin and made her look at me.

"Whatever you want, Vera."

"I have never been in a real relationship before. I didn't even let Heath kiss me. Technically, you are my first." She dropped this bombshell, jumped from the bed, and ran outside.

Fucking hell.

I am a lucky, selfish asshole.

~~~ 

31.01.2024 

I'm giggling so hard. 

I love them!!!  What do you think? Give me your raw emotions/reaction!

Until Friday :)