Chapter 36

"Can you help me take off the dress? I am literally stuck!" I called Izan from the bathroom, trying to catch my rapid breath. After our date, we decided to head home, plant a flower in a pot, and watch a movie. 

What happened with the waitress consumed all my energy, but I had fun. I would deal with Dexter another day, I just needed to garden something and relax first.

Izan opened the door without knocking, and I double-checked that I had my underwear on. I did not want to flash him, even when he already saw my boobs. 

"Fuck," he whispered as he stared at my showing panties. I had the dress raised since I couldn't unzip it, but it got stuck in the middle of my waist.

"I know I'm hot, but the blood circulation is not so great at the moment," I said with a tight grin. He sighed, shaking his head at my bluntness. I wasn't ashamed of my body anymore. He made me love myself, scars and all.

"I'll lift the dress up, so raise your hands and keep them straight," he instructed and went on to work when I did as he said. It took about three strong tugs to get the dress through my head without ripping it off. 

I finally breathed.

We take oxygen for granted.

"Never again with these types of dresses." I was standing in front of my hot boyfriend, only in my underwear, and I didn't find it in me to be embarrassed. He would eventually see me naked, just not yet. 

He placed his cold palms on my bare waist, and I shrieked. "Were you holding ice or something?"

He grinned lightly and kissed my nose. "You look beautiful, amor," he stated, and I blushed at that. I might have left my common sense at his humongous and expensive restaurant. 

Izan spread warm, light kisses all over my face, just like a puppy, but when he reached my mouth, he took his dang time to kiss me. He was definitely teasing me, so I didn't wait for his initiative and slammed my lips onto his. He smiled as he bit my bottom lip so seductively. I was melting.

I am lava.

Focus, Verena.

He deepened the kiss and tried to slip his tongue in, but I denied him access as payback. He didn't give up and squeezed my hips, tickling me in the process. I gasped, giving him the perfect window to slip his tongue.

I didn't fight for dominance this time because I knew I would lose, so I enjoyed his skilled work as I wrapped my arms around his neck, tugging him closer to my almost naked body.

Stop, Verena. 

I am cringing.

Before this could get any further, I broke the kiss and smiled at him. "Let's watch the movie," I suggested. He nodded, fully understanding my boundaries and respecting them. "Jolene said she would be here tomorrow around two in the afternoon, so Camila and I agreed to take her shopping. Is that okay?"

He nodded. "Yes, but I want you to take Carlos with you. I don't want a repeat of last time. I would have gone with you, but I have a meeting with the Spanish ambassador at one thirty." He nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck, and I raked my fingers through his hair.

"What's the meeting about?" I asked as we swayed slowly together. It was like there was a music piece playing in the background of our minds. I loved this peaceful vibe.

"A few Spanish activists caused problems this past month, so the ambassador wanted me to spook them out, warn them. I will if it means no one gets thrown in jail for their radical, harmless opinions. I was known in Spain as the Devil Don, so I hope this title is still in effect."