006 -Visits from the forgotten

I shake his hand, he pulls me closer to hug me tightly. "Love to see you being up and at 'em again."

"You are... Arthur, right?"

He chuckles, "Out of everyone you remembered me?"

Carter clears his throat, "Told him you were on his way, (Y/N)'s head is full of a lot of nothingness. There isn't a whole lot he remembers but maybe he'll recall how much of an ass you are."

He flips him off while looking at me. "Brought dinner home for the guys, I got you what you usually ordered. If your taste buds also forgot what you liked then you just tell me and I'll adjust the order."

I shake my head at him, "Don't need to do that much for me, not yet anyway."

"Haven't complained yet?"

"Exactly that."

He pulls away from me, and my head dips out of the conversation for a moment. My head isn't in the right place... if anything my head is on the girls that are world-famous popstars and the fact that I work with them and more.

Truth be told, the MORE part of it is what's been stuck in my head. Every aching moment there is this itching feeling in my neck that makes me want to read through it all. Take it all in to understand it better.

I am not at that stage where I can convince myself that it is still my messages, memories I made, and feelings that I cultivated. The in all of this is missing in my head. But how'd I even do it? That's a question that will be asked forever and ever.

I glance back at Arthur and Carter who are moving up and down the kitchen. The doorbell rings in the distance, Carter quickly rushes over past me. "I'll get it."

Arthur walks up to me, "How's it been settling in again?"

"Feels like the very first time."

"Must be some insane jet lag," he puffs his cheeks and slowly blows at the air. "Well, not really."

I flash him a smile, "I mean I crashed, and forgot who I was, could be the same thing."

"Could have, could have."

"Hey! (Y/N)! These ones are for you!"

He arches his brow, "Looks like the word got out they let you out."

"For better or worse," I breathed out while headed towards the front door.

I can't help but notice the spark in Carter's eye as he rapidly gestures towards the door with his eyes. Two faces that I don't recall... that's all I see. Though Arthur's silent gasp told me more than I needed to know about the visitors.

I must have worked with a lot of famous figures in my lifetime.

I just don't seem to recognize that myself, that I was that good, or that I played a part in making people better. Approaching the door I stop just short of it as I look at the two standing right in front of me.

 Approaching the door I stop just short of it as I look at the two standing right in front of me

"He-"

Like a snake, the girl manages to wriggle herself past the door, Carter kind of standing in front of it, all the way next to me. She almost rises above me like a lion ready to pounce before she wraps her arms around my shoulders and almost takes us both to the ground.

"You cheeky little, when were you going to tell us you were back to walking around again?!"

"Chill, girl. Both know that his head's a bit lapsed," he glances at Carter. "Sup, man? Can I come in?" Not bothering to ask for the girl because she already made her way inside without bothering to ask.

Must mean I knew these two as well.

"Yeah, sure."

Prying her off of me. "Dropped by to see if you are coming along fine."

She rolls her eyes, "Pfft. Look at him, he's all chipper seeing us."

"Snuff it," he shoots her a look.

Carter walks up to him, "Sorry but this might feel out of place, but huge fan Ekko."

"Thanks, my man," he flashes him a smile. "Your name's what again?"

"Carter."

Arthur then introduces himself, "And I'm Arthur. Sick to see you here, but are you two friends with him?"

Ekko looks me in the eye, almost uncertain what to say but the girl steps forward wrapping her arm around my shoulders. "We're practically best buds! Who are you two?"

"Practically the same," Carter chuckles. He then gives me a pained look before he manages to shake it off.

I don't know why he is giving me that look of betrayal. I don't even know who these people are much less do I know about anything.

Ekko points at her, "That's Jinx."

"Are you two-?"

Jinx speaks over him, "We remembered you said something about living here so I grabbed the first idiot willing to listen to me and we came knocking on every damn door trying to find you. Luckily it was only number 33."

Ekko exhales, "No kidding, huh? It could have been a hella lot easier on us if we started from the side we came and not the side you insisted."

"Do you two want something to drink?" Carter asks them.

Ekko shakes his head, "We should be-"

"Love to!"

"Staying, I guess," he lifts his shoulders. "Sorry, don't mean to intrude on all you."

Arthur chuckles, "Nah, don't even worry."

I glance at Jinx who is watching me with a raised eyebrow, "Heya."

"Hi," I flash her a smile. "Sorry, I don't remember a whole lot right now."

"That's fine," she leans back as she rolls her eyes. "Nothing we can do about our heads not working the way we want to, right?" She let's go off me. "Come on, we aren't going to wait around for you to come join us."

"She's a lot, isn't she?" Carter asks as he sides next to me with wide eyes.

I shake my head, "Yeah. Do you know her?" I ask him.

"She looks familiar, yeah. But the dude is Ekko, another musician in the scene. But it probably makes sense for these people to pass you 'cause of how much you worked. Wouldn't surprise me if you had the entire music industry park just outside of our house."

I lift my shoulders, "Afraid that right now I don't have a lot of agency in that regard."

"I get that," he pats my back. "I dunno about that girl though, either you two were doing the nasty or you two were better friends than she lets on."

"Lets on?" I roll my eyes at him. "She practically screamed that I was best buds with her."

"Means a lot of things, really," he says with a higher pitch. "Come on, let's not keep your guests waiting long."

(Short one. Am sick again. Might update later today)