010 - Little Shadow

I was led towards my office and left to get a grip on things there. It feels much closer to a recording studio with all the instruments surrounding me, mix that in with the tech you surely can't mistake this room being anything else but perfect for the job.

Guitars mounted on the walls with brackets holding them in place with their respective cords and amplifiers either below or beside them. A pair of electronic keyboards is plugged into the computer.

Synthesizers, audio interfaces, MIDI controller, multiple sets of headphones, and a studio-quality microphone. Apart from the tech, the rest of the room is comfy with plenty of artwork about artists, record awards, and some comfy couches lining the edge of the room.

There is also plenty of space at my workstation if someone were to work alongside me. The space is awesome... it all feels like it is in place, as I left it. I had a vague idea of where everything was supposed to be.

Funny that this room was more familiar to me than my room. I sit down in my seat and boot up the computer to see what is what, to get a good idea of where I left off and what I was still busy with before it all was blown away like a sculpture of dust.

Why can I remember this? Why is this familiar?

But faces, the faces of the people surrounding me. They are all missing.

There is little that can explain how the human mind functions but for now I'll have to just bite down and deal with my amnesia. Make the most of it and in the end, I hope that the me that I am now doesn't fade away as the past comes to light, that we truly are the same.

Time to tuck that fear away, as deep as I can and as long as I can.

The door swings open with the edge slamming against one of the drawers. The face peeks around the door's eyes widen at everything standing on top of it shakes and topples forward to the ground. She quickly rushes around the door to just in time catch the decorations from smashing onto the floor.

"Pretty sure I told you that this was a horrible place to put," she mutters under her breath. "Sorry, I forgot that this room was recently moved around because 'it would be more spacious' this way around."

I shake my head at her, "I don't think I'd have thrown too much of a fit about it."

She chuckles, "Nah, you would have definitely scolded me. Maybe felt a little bad about it later." She folds her arms in front of her, "Hey, (Y/N)."

"Hey... Akali? Right?"

 Akali? Right?"

( https://www.artstation.com/ramga )

"Akali, yep," she repeats her name as if I pronounced it wrong, but I am pretty sure I didn't. "How are you today?"

I lift my shoulders into a shrug, "Fine. Everything is burning together slowly, everything other than the memories that matter." She furrows her brow slightly, I then clarify, "about the people I am supposed to know, my friends, my family... you."