Chapter 13: You Haven't Told her?

"Hey, beautiful!" Brandon greeted Brianna as she approached him. He was standing outside his car, leaning up against the passenger door. He liked to be a gentleman and open the car door for her. As she neared, he pushed himself off the door and proceeded to open the door for her.

"Hey, handsome. Thank you." Even smelling like a bunch of cows, she couldn't help but feel like a princess. She had never seen any guy treat a girl the way he did, at least not in real life.

"It's my pleasure," He told her, closing the door behind her as she settled into the passenger seat. He felt like the luckiest guy in the world to have such an amazing lady as Brianna. He hurried to the other side of the car so they could hit the road.

"Hey, so it's Tuesday night, do you want to catch our usual movie?" Brandon spoke with excitement. Brianna wasn't sure what made him so chipper, but she loved the energy nonetheless.

"I mean, I need to take a shower first, then sure. I'd like that." She was already exhausted from a hard day's work, but she also loved to spend time with Brandon—nearly to a fault. There were times she was on the verge of passing out while texting him late into the night, even passing out in the middle of writing a message, only to get woken up when Brandon realized she was probably asleep and wished her a good night.

"Great, the latest superhero movie is in, so we can finally watch that one. I know we've had issues getting to it the last three times, but I'm sure everything will be fine this time." Brianna just smiled at Brandon's remark. Yeah, they missed it the last few times, but that was either due to them needing to talk about some stuff or last-second family stuff. It's not like they meant to blow it off. It almost felt like the movie was cursed, causing something to come up each and every time they tried to watch it.

The drive back to Brianna's place was quick and quiet. Brianna went through her phone, catching up on the group text she and Brandon were on with some of his high school friends. They were a bunch of goofs, making her feel like she fit right in. They would have meme wars and even thumbs-up streaks going for hundreds of days before that one person in the group forgot, causing the whole thing to reset. 

Brandon pulled up to her house, again getting out of the car to open the door for her. She almost opened the door herself but stopped, seeing Brandon rush himself out of the car. She smiled sweetly, appreciating his thought and effort. He opened the door in a slightly dramatic motion bowing and throwing his other arm outstretched.

"My lady." He exclaimed.

"You are too cute, you know that?" Brianna giggled, stepping out of the car. 

"I try." Brandon giggled back, standing straight up again and closing the door behind her. He walked Brianna to her door, holding her hand. "Mind if I come in?"

"Only if you can handle being around my mom while I go shower." She laughed lightly, knowing that those two didn't always see eye to eye.

"I think I can manage." Brandon smiled back at her.

They both stepped into the house; Brianna started towards the stairs that led up to her room, around the spiral staircase. 

"Hey, you two." Diane greeted them, sitting on the couch to the right of the door.

"Hey, Mom. I'm going to shower real quick, then Brandon and I are going to a movie. Try not to scare him off before I get out." Brianna joked with her Mom, with a slight roll of the eyes. She knew her Mom wasn't going to actually scare him off, but she can be really awkward and inappropriate at times. 

"I won't, I promise." She had a slightly confused look on her face, hardly noticeable, but Brandon was able to see it, as she looked at him. Brianna ran up the stairs to get a change of clothes while Brandon just stood in the middle of the small living room.