2. vacation

two

two . vacation
[ narrative , Instagram ]
MAY 2ND, 2024
The First Meet... Again?
kate's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

WHEN WE step out of the airport, I'm immediately hit with how hot it is outside. It's not hotter than Colorado usually is, but I had been wearing a hoodie since it's cold in airports.

"When are you going to see Brady?" Summer asks Lauren, and she shrugs.

"I'm thinking tomorrow. I wanna spend the first day with you two and then I'll see what plans I wanna make with him, but obviously we're here for girls time, not to all spend time away from each other with our boyfriends." Lauren emphasizes, giving Summer a look.

"Walker won't even be here until tomorrow anyway! And even so, I had planned to spend this entire day with you two." She argues, and Lauren and I laugh.

We go to our hotel first, and summer and I check into our room. Lauren had a separate room since she told us she'd be hanging out with brady a lot and didn't want to have to kick us out every two hours when he came over, which is very understandable.

As the only single one in our trio, it's hard watching my best friends go on double dates that I can't attend with them. They've invited me along before, but even then I just don't want to go because I'll be 5th wheeling the whole time.

It's nothing against my best friends, I love them, but I'm just singke right now, and I don't really have an issue with it. They seemed content on getting me a boyfriend over the remainder of the school year last year, but I never really clicked with anyone.

I'd gotten over Xander after about two months, even though I had to see him at school everyday. He'd consistently tried to talk to me, but my friends had intercepted him a few times so that he could never talk to me directly.

After we'd all got settled in our rooms, we decided we wanted to go get coffee. Lauren said Brady had recommended this really good place and she knew where it was, so Summer and I agreed we could go there.

I drive since I'm the most responsible when entrusted with a car, and since we only have one rental anyways.

When we get to the coffee shop, I park the car and all 3 of us get out.

"Awh, this place is cute!" Summer smiles, and I smile too.

"Yeah, it is. Brady come here a lot?" I ask Lauren, and she nods.

"He loves this place." She laughs.

We walk in and head to the counter, ordering our three coffees and going to sit down at a table while we wait.