21. told you so

twenty-one

twenty-one . told you so
[ narrative ]
JUNE 10TH, 2024
Telling Friends
kate's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

CONNOR AND Brady were on the way to pick up Lauren and I since the four of us are hanging out today. Unfortunately Summer is somehow busy... again. I'm not sure what she's doing, but she's being pretty secretive about it.

I know it doesn't have anything to do with Walker, which is why I'm confused. She never keeps secrets from me and Lauren, but she's said many times she can't disclose what she's doing, so we stopped asking. I trust her completely, so I don't think she's doing anything bad.

I get a text that the boys are here, and I head out to the car with Lauren. We were both in her room hanging out until they got here.

"How're things going with connor?" She asks me, and I forget she isn't actually aware that we're dating now. I decide I'll tell her when we're all four together, because I don't think he's told Brady either.

"Things are good right now." I smile, and she smiles back.

"That's good, I'm really happy for you." She says softly, and I nod at her before we enter the car, her in the front, me in the back.

"Hi, crazy girl." Connor mutters, and I smile at him.

"Hi, Con." I reply softly, kissing his cheek as I shut the door.

"Gross." Brady mumbles, and I give him a look.

"Don't act like you don't ever kiss Lauren, Brady." Connor deadpans. "Plus, she's my girlfriend now, we can do whatever we want."

Brady's head whips to look at connor and I, and Lauren immediately panics.

"Brady! Eyes on the road!" She shouts, and he quickly looks back at the road.

"Sorry sweetheart." He mumbles, but then his expression changed. "When did you two start dating?!"

"Uhm... like a few days ago." Connor mutters, and I smile a little.

"Yesterday." I clarify. "We're basically public but haven't confirmed that we're dating, but we both don't really care if it's public or not because they were already assuming stuff."

Connor nods, slinging his arm over my shoulders. The seatbelt is restricting me from sitting closer to him, so it's not as comfortable as we'd usually be, but it's whatever.