20. books

twenty         

twenty          .         books
[ narrative ]
JUNE 9TH, 2024
Book Bouquet
kate's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

CONNOR INSISTED that we meet at the coffee shop he saw me at for the first— well, technically second time meeting me. First time meeting in jersey, and we can't exactly just fly to LA.

I hop in the rental, being sure to let my friends know I'm using it. They're both staying in today and Brady's hanging with Lauren while Summer applies for some program at a college to shadow or something.

When I walk into the coffee shop, he's sitting at the same table we met at. I smile as I sit down across from him.

"Hi, Con." I say softly, and he smiles in return before placing his hands over mine.

"Hi, pretty girl. How was your night?" He asks me.

"It was fine, how was yours?" I reply, and he shrugs.

"Fine. I was more excited to see you again." He admits, and I smile as a blush rises to my cheeks.

"Connor Noon, you're such a romantic."

"Only to you, crazy girl." He mutters, and the counter calls his name. "I'll be right back, alright? I ordered us both coffee."

Does he even know what I like?

He gets up and gets the two coffees, then comes and sits back down, sliding mine to me. I smile at him.

"Thank you, C." I mutter as I take the coffee and read the ingredients. It's the exact coffee I got when we saw him here on our first day. "How did you remember this?"

He smiles. "I'm very attentive when it comes to you."

I raise an eyebrow. "Yeah? What else have you noticed?"

"I know you always avoid my eyes when you get flustered, you prefer to buy books in little amounts so you can go out more since you enjoy shopping for them almost as much as buying them. You immediately get excited when a song that you like comes on the radio, if you have concerns about one of your friend's relationships, you don't bring it up. I've seen how you've looked at Walker plenty of times." He lists off things. "Most of all, when you like someone, you try harder. Your outfits got more complicated as you fell for me."

My eyes widen. I didn't know he knew that much about me...

"That's a lot." I mutter, and he laughs as I avoid his eyes.