13. date?

thirteen         

thirteen          .         date?
[ narrative ]
MAY 17TH, 2024
The Surprise Date
kate's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

CONNOR TEXTED me an hour ago letting me know I need to be ready within 20 minutes because he's taking me out, but he never replied to any of my texts asking if me why or where he was taking me.

I had to practically run to get ready, because I had planned to stay inside today. I throw on a purple crop top with sweatpants even though it's sorta hot outside, I don't really care, and I'm hoping he'll be bringing me inside a building somewhere.

I do my makeup faster than I ever have before and barely get to brush my hair out before getting a text that he's here and sprinting down to his car so he doesn't have to wait on me.

He laughs as I get into the passengers seat of his car. "You seem rushed, Kate."

"You only gave me 20 minutes to get ready." I reply, a little bit out of breath.

"Sorry, pretty girl. I thought it was enough time. You want an hour next time?" He asks,  raising an eyebrow at me.

"That'd be nice." I nod, and he smiles.

He pulls out of the parking lot beginning to drive to... wherever he's taking me.

"Con, where are you taking me?" I ask.

"It's a surprise, crazy girl." He answers smoothly.

"I wish you'd stop calling me that. Im not crazy." I mutter, and he pats my thigh jokingly, but I somehow still blush at the contact.

"Sorry, crazy girl, but you are. It's okay though because I like it." He flirts.

"I— you— I'm— okay." I stutter, and he laughs, leaving his hand sitting on my thigh.

"You're fun to mess with." He adds, and i scoff.

"Yeah, real enjoyable." I deadpan, and I realize we're pulling into a parking lot of a Barnes & Noble.

"Con, we just went book shopping! Are you sure you're alright with going again?" I say excitedly, and he smiles as he nods.

"Yeah. It was cute how you got so excited and I wanted to see it again. But like... no Xander this time." He jokes, and I smile at him.

"You're so sweet, Connor. I could kiss you." I say excitedly, and he raises his eyebrows in slight shock.

"Yeah?" He smirks.