7. games

seven

seven . games
[ narrative ]
MAY 9TH, 2024
The Group Hangs Out
kate's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

"PAY UP, Connor!" Brady shouts to his brother, and Connor mumbles insults as he pulls out the required money to pay to Brady, since he landed on his property in monopoly.

I laugh as Connor throws the paper at his brother, continuing to look grumpy.

"Lighten up, C. It's a game." I pat his shoulder and he sends me a half-glare, which I know he doesn't really mean.

"May I remind you that you have less money than me right now?" He taunts, and I narrow my eyes at him.

"And who's richer in real life?" I raise an eyebrow. "Yeah. That's what I thought, Connor."

He pushes my shoulder lightly, and I lose my balance since I'm sitting crisscrossed on the floor. I topple to the side, causing Summer and Lauren to both burst out laughing.

Connor just barely smirks and acts like he didn't do anything, but I sit back up and push him the same way he pushed me, but he doesn't budge.

I mumble insults under my breath, and he laughs as he hands me the dice so I can roll. I stare him down with jokingly suspicious eyes as I roll the dice, and I get a 7. I move seven spaces and land on one of Walker's properties.

"Damnit." I mumble, handing him the monopoly money required to be paid.

"Not so funny when you're the one giving money away, hm?" Connor teases, and I roll my eyes at him.

"Whatever!" I dismiss his statement, tossing the dice to Lauren.

She rolls and ends up landing on one of Brady's properties.

"Haha!" He laughs, "pay up, sweetheart."

She groans and gives him a pleading look, Connor sighs.

"No way she's gonna get out of this with a puppy eye look! That's so unfair!" Connor shouts, and I nod in agreement.

"Bandwagon..." Walker mumbles, and I send him a look.

"Please, Noony! I have the least amount of money!" She begs, and his face seems conflicted, he opens his mouth to protest, but he falls short.

"Sweetheart..." he says gently, "you can't just skip out on the money because you're my girlfriend."

"Fine, fuck you too, Brady!" She retorts, handing him the money. "Looks like you'll be spending some more time alone tomorrow."