4. shopping

four         

four          .         shopping
[ narrative ]
MAY 5TH, 2024
The Shopping Spree
kate's pov

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

"IT SEEMS like we're always going shopping... is that all we can ever think of to do?" Summer laughs, and I think about it.

Wow, we really aren't creative. All we do together is shop... oh well. Lauren and I are both basically rich now, so...

I made them both agree to go to the bookstore with me for a little while, and they agreed with little convincing since they want to spend time together as a group. We shop around the bookstore for a while and I find three books I want, buying them and we walk out.

We head to the next few stores, and Lauren gets a hoodie, summer gets a few shirts she claims she'll wear while we're here, but I'm not sure. They don't seem very... Summer to me.

I mean, she's sorta changing her style and stuff recently. I'm not sure if it's because her and Walker are finally publicly dating or if she's just genuinely wanting to change it up.

She has had a pretty hard time adjusting to being public, because she receives a lot of hate for dating Walker. Obviously there's nice people, but there's also the crazy 13 year old girls who were convinced they're going to marry Walker, which put stress on Summer.

Those crazy fans got to her a few times and caused a little ripple in her and walker's relationship, but they've solved it every time and I think they're fine now, but im hoping this style change isn't because of hate she's getting.

"You guys wanna go get coffee again? I loved what I got the other day." Lauren asks, and I shrug.

"I don't mind." I reply.

"Yes I want to! Let's go." Summer cheers, smiling excitedly at the idea.

We head to the car after we finishing shopping at the store we're at, and Lauren drives us to the coffee shop.

"I heard you talked with Connor yesterday," Summer mentions as we walk in.

"Yeah, so what?" I raise an eyebrow.

"You thought he was cute before! Did you forget that?!" Summer exasperates.

"No, I didn't forget that. Looks aren't everything. He's cool to be around, but we're friends." I explain, and Summer sighs.

"But you'd be so cute together!" She argues, and I shrug.

"Maybe, but I don't see him like that." I mumble, and Lauren shakes her head.