Chapter 1

Hey guys, this is a really exciting one for me and I really excited to be writing it so I hope you enjoy Sophia's story.

Also just to let you know i am mildly dyslexic so there may be a few spelling and grammar mistakes but nothing religiously bad I promise.
—————————————————-

"MUM! DAD! WHERE IS MY LUCKY KNIFE? ITS NOT IN MY ROOM AND I HAVE TO LEAVE" I shouted through the house, I don't know whose touched my knife but I'll use it to cut off their fingers if they did it again.

"Oh its down here sweetie, Calvin was trying to throw it so i moved it, I'm sorry" i hear my mother explain as i make my way into the kitchen where she's making food for my little brother Calvin. I look to my right to see my knife on the bench and picking it up using the sharp blade to pick up a slice of apple from the chopping board my mother is using and place it in my mouth.

"What was Calvin doing in my room anyway?" I question sending a glare to my brother who just glares back at me.

"I was making sure you weren't a total loser by checking out your weapon cupboard"he just chuckles at me, so i pick up another slice of apple and throw it, my skills having it smack him directly in the eye.He holds his eye and groans

"Ow what the hell Sophia". I smirk and he looks at me with that stupid angry look he has and then out of nowhere he disappears. Yes disappears, Calvin has recently turned 13 and has been practicing his power , invisibility.

The flicker of him coming back into my sight only for a split second tells me he has not yet mastered it as well as he thinks. He has gone invisible again so I don't really know where he is but i have an inkling that he's coming towards me. I close my eyes an focus on my hearing, it stays quiet for a few moments and then I hear it, his breathing directly to my left. I then proceed to swing my leg underneath his effectively knocking him to the floor while he comes back into my sight.

I stand over him looking down at his pained face as he holds his head and groans. "You might have your powers but remember I don't need any to beat the shit out of you" he looks at me annoyed and i offer my hand to help him up.

Unfortunately my statement was painfully true. A bit of background for you. 150 years ago there was a gas attack on my city,however it was just any type of gas, it genetically modified the dna of the people who was affected by it, thus mutating them to have superpowers. This obviously wasn't the intention of the gas, like why would you make your enemies stronger? However it worked in our favour. Now the powers are hereditary, both your parents have powers, you will. One of them have powers, there's a 50/50 chance you have them. Neither of your parents have them, you wont. There has been occasions where humans have given birth to mutants however it is extremely rare. Almost as rare as me. Both my parents are mutants, and yet i have shown no signs of powers showing up any time soon even though I'm 19. It's a strange thing to occur considering almost my entire bloodline has been mutant since the attack happened so i was known as the weird case human from a mutant family.

I have grown up with everyone telling me I'm just a late bloomer and that they'll show up eventually, 6 years later, still nothing. However, due to this i decided when i was young to take up various types of martial arts and different styles of general fighting. I have also honed my skills with weaponry over the last few years when my parents allowed me to have them to protect myself. Being a mutant or even in a mutant family isn't too popular among some people and mutants are attacked quite often, obviously never truly successful considering they have supernatural abilities and most of the time the human doing to fighting is running on a whole lot of alcohol.

Anyway, when you turn 13 you gain your powers pretty fast, though it may are some time to master them. Due to the mass amount of humans compared to mutants, the government decided to leave children in normal education until they are 18 including one lesson a week to develop their powers so they don't hurt anyone because they don't know how to use them correctly. This was to ensure the mutants don't get isolated even more than they already are, so after the kids turn 18 they move onto combat and training school. It takes up your university years which is unfortunate for some people, however they can postpone going to training school to go to university and then go there after but then you would end up being a 29 year old trying to fight against a bunch of teens while never having used your powers properly in your life, so ultimately no one tends to do that.

There was a large debate on what to do with me when it came to this training school considering I don't have powers to train however I come from a pure mutant family. I wanted to go to training school so bad hoping it may coax my powers to come out, and after a lot of debate and me showing of my fighting and weapon skills as best as I could, they deemed me useful due to my developed skills in martial arts.

And that it where I'm off to today, training school, I get to have some time to myself because there's housing there for us and I've never been happier about something my whole life.

Im ripped from my thoughts my my brother complaining once again "my head really hurts now, I think i have a concussion" i rolled my eyes at him.

"You barely even touched the floor" and laughed at him while eating another slice of apple leaning against the countertop.

"Mum can you help please it hurts" he glared at me then looked at my mum with puppy eyes. I rolled my eyes at him again and my mother chuckled at him and walked towards him raising her hand towards his forehead.

There was a look of relief on his face after a few seconds, my mother is a healer which comes in handy when me and Calvin have disagreements, mainly for him.

"Okay, i gotta run"i say throwing my black cargo jacket over me and grabbing my suitcase. I walked over to my dad and hugged him, he just smiled at me. He's unfortunately mute due to an accident he caused by his banshee powers, he hurt someone he cared about and vowed to never speak again so it would never happen again. I then ruffled Calvin's hair as I walk past him towards my mother and hug her. "Don't miss me too much" i say looking down at her, she smiles up at me "and call me if you need anything okay" i make my way to the front door, bag in hand

"Okay i love you" i look back to my mum dad and surprisingly my brother waving goodbye at me.

"I love you all too" i give them one last smile and close the door making my way to my car throwing my bag in the back and starting the engine.

Well then.

Let's get this shit show on the road.
———————————————

Word count 1305

This chapter was mainly just to give you some background and i hope it helps.