Chapter 3

We made our way through each of the floors slowly, the first being the research areas and labs, second being written work classroom, and the top two are dorms, i still don't know what was on floor 5 and I never bumped into the guy again to find out. The ground floor which were weren't allowed into the rooms yet apparently consisted of all the physical training rooms. The rooms I'm most excited to see.

I now sit in my dorm will Ella putting up some decorations. When we came in, i of course called the biggest bedroom however we then learned that there are 3 bedrooms, meaning we are gonna be meeting someone new. After some chatting with Ella and getting our dorm set up we hear our front door open and a girl walks through she has lovely red hair with brown eyes and she was very pretty.

Me and Ella both just looked at her, until I realised it was making everyone uncomfortable, so i smiled and walked towards the girl "hi you must be our new roommate?" I walk closer to her.

"Yes i am" she looks nervous, aw that's cute.

"Well don't just stand there, come on in we were just putting some cute little decorations up, i hope that's okay" Ella states from behind me, the red head then walks past me with a smile and goes to sit on the sofa opposite Ella.

"Yes course that fine, i was hoping to put some of mine up to?" She asked, she looks so nervous, i hope she'll loosen up with us because she seems really nice.

"Yes yes of course you can" i tell her with smile, she smiled back at me with literally perfect teeth. "What's your name?" I ask to get general introductions out of the way

"It's Amy, Amy Jacobs" she responds. There's a vague familiarity I get hearing her name but i cant place it so I don't mention it.

" well I'm Sophia White and this is Ella Florez" i say pointing towards my friend.

We spent the rest of the afternoon getting to know each other. Amy is 19, same as me and Ella. Her power is telekinesis, which is super cool and I'm jealous. Ella then goes on to explain her power, which is using her advanced pheromones to make people love her so much they'll do whatever she says.

"And what's you power?" Amy turns to ask me. I freeze for a second however quickly recover and answer her.

"Im very smart" I use my advanced knowledge to my advantage. "But not like numbers and science smart like street smart weaponry smart fighting smart if you get me" i go to elaborate on my fake power, because if she started whacking out maths questions id be screwed.

"Oh that's really cool, so your already like advanced in fighting and weaponry" she looks at me with shock lacing her eyes.

"Yes I am, although people can learn to fight here so i may not be as useful as people think" I laugh at her.

"Well you were given it for a reason so there must be something special" she tries to make me feel better i guess.

"I guess so" as I'm about to change the subject then there's a loud knock on the door and Jake comes crashing into the dorm.

"Oh my god Jake, what the fuck?" I stare at him startled

"Hey i have to tell you something" he sounded very out of breathe then he stops and looks at something. "Hi im Jake" he came out with holding a cheesy smile on his face. I turn to see him staring a Amy, she begins to blush.

"Im Amy" she says back sweetly.

"It's nice to mee-" i cut him off

"Ye ye cute and all, what do you want Jake?"i say getting his attention back to me giving him a questioning look.

"Oh ye, so there's a welcome party tonight and i think we should go and scope things out." He suggests i look at him excitedly, however turn to look at Ella who has a nervous face on, i return it with a questioning look hoping shell explain, which she does.

"I don't know guys, i heard these things are just for the older ones to scope out the fresh meat, see who they can knock off first." She explains, it makes sense. They wanna see who they are up against.

"Oh come on Ella it'll be fun, who cares what they think and if anything happens just lovey dovey them and they'll fall to your feet either way." I reply referring to her powers.

She ponders for minute looking at mine and James and surprisingly Amy's hopeful faces, im guessing she want to come just as much as we do. "Okay fine i guess it wont hurt" we all do a little cheer and then we shoo Jake back of to his dorm. It starts at 7 so we can show up at 8 and it is 6 right now, so me, Amy and Ella all rushed to get dressed.

I go into my room and apply a small amount of makeup, however adding a heavy Smokey eye and bright red lipstick. I then take my hair our of my bun and let my natural white curls fall down to the middle of my back. I decide to go for a checkered crop top and a black skater skirt with a cropped racer jacket to fit the theme im going for. I pair it with knee high black platform lace up boots. As i look in the mirror to stare at myself, my eyes fall from the white curls on my head to my pretty decent sized chest, then to my flat stomach and curves at my hips. Getting into fighting at a young age kept my physique up really well and i take pride in it. My hair has always been bright white, I take after my grandmother however I also took my tanned skin from my father creating a very dramatic contrast.

Once I've sprayed some perfume i grab my purse and check the time. Its 7:45, shit. I make my way to the living room to see Amy and Ella already sitting talking to each other. They look amazing. Amy is decorated in a black mini dress with chunky boots on her feet with some white accessorise, which goes well with her bright red hair. Ella is wearing high waisted black leather pants with a long leaved dark purple corset top which matches well with her brown hair and pale skin.

"Woah you guys look amazing."i say walking towards them.

"Girl so do you oh my god" Ella says coming up Tom "I've already messaged Jake and he's on his way" just as she finished her sentence there's a knock at the door, and Amy goes to answer

"Woah" I hear as she opens the door, i also hear her giggle. "You look amazing" Jake compliments, wow boy'swhipped already.

"Thank you" i walk over to the door with ella behind, i pass Amy her purse and walk out the door past Jake.

"Okay so where is this thing happening?" Jake just smirks at me.

"That's the best part"i look at him confused "its on the fifth floor" i look at him with a look of slight shock mimicking Ella's.

"How do we get up there, there's a scanner remember?" I ask looking at him as if he's stupid.

"There's also a one time password that will work for tonight only, to get us up there" that's smart actually.

"Well then what are we waiting for? Let's go" Amy rushes past me towards the lift, all of us following.

Once we make out way to the lift Jake opens up the flip and as he said instead of a scanner on the screen, there's a digital keypad.

"What's the password anyway?" I ask Ashe lunches in number on the screen.

"2107" wait what?

"Hey Sophia that's you birthday" she laughs, its just a coincidence right?

"Oh ye, i didn't realise" Jake says as they both laugh at it and i join in trying to not over think it. It's definitely just a coincidence, but part of my mind is trying to convince myself it might not be.

We brush it off and the lift moves up and after a few second the door opens and i am met with very loud music and a very crowded room full of teens with cups in their hand, swaying to the music playing. It's a penthouse, that's what the fifth floor is.a beautiful one at that, looking both high tech but still laced with the age of the rest of the building throughout it. I link arms with Amy and Ella, Jake behind us and turn to them.

" you ready?" they both nod at me " then lets go" i look forward and begin to walk straight into the crowd.

Let's see where the night takes us shall we.

—————————————————

Word count 1489

Okay so that's all the main character introduced until further notice, i hope your enjoying it so far:)