Chapter 6

When I woke up i had a huge headache, like mind splitting kind of head ache. I sit up and blink my eyes open, attempting to figure out where I am. After a few seconds of adjusting to the light glaring through the windows, i come to the conclusion tat I'm in the same room as i was in yesterday. Oh god wha the fuck happened? I do my best to recollect what the events of last night were, when it all came flooding back to me, well most of it. I can remember up until Ella and Luca put me to bed and when i try to think about anything past that my head pulses so hard i think my brain might explode, so i stop trying.

After I've adjusted and woken up properly, I decide to stand up out of the bed and make my way onto the en-suite bathroom. I know this isn't my place, but i slept here so I'm gonna use their bathroom. I did my business and made sure to splash water in my face in an attempt to ease the headache, then proceeded to go back into the bedroom when i caught eye of something, no someone.

How in the world i didn't notice him before, I'll never know. Lay across the sofa sound asleep was Ezra. Why in the world is he even in here? I fell asleep alone. Maybe he found me and got worried? I don't know. I walk close towards him and crouch down onto the floor in front of his face, admiring him asleep. How his breathing has steadied, how his mouth hangs slightly open, how his hair falls over his forehead. He seems so perfect like this. In the back of my mind i am aware of his request yesterday, ad as most of me has questioned it majorly, a part of me feels lucky in this moment, i may not know him, but i want to.

I raise my hand slowly, mentally debating on wether to do what I'm thinking and i choose to anyway. I slowly brush a strand of hair that had fallen over his eyes away from them and back up onto his head. I couldn't help myself and my finger lightly grazed his left cheek in an attempt to imprint this look of him into my brain for life, then my hand was placed onto his cheek holding the side of his face, thumb slowly brushing up and down. his state of sleep was gorgeous. It pains me to know he probably will not be as intrigued with me once he discovers my lack of special ability. That thought crushed my feelings and i pull my hand away, and just then, a hand lands around my wrist and i stare at it as my hand is placed back onto Ezra's face, this time his eyes are open.

His light blue eyes stare back at me and i am quite frankly too scared to look away.

"Why did you pull away?" Ezra asked, voice raspy from just waking up.

"Because i know this isn't serious, not really, you wouldn't want someone like me." I look down in shame and pull my hand away from Ezra face although it remained in the hand holding my wrist. I hear rustling and thenEzra is holding my arms slightly motioning for me to sit up next to him on the sofa. I choose to comply and sit next to him still looking and my feet.then two fingers touch my chin and force it upwards so that my eyes are forced to do the same.

"Sophia i am deadly serious about this, about you" he gives me a stern look to say he is not changing his mind.

"We don't even know each other" i stand up dramatically trying to prove a point. He follows suit and stands in front of me.

"That can easily change, what's your favourite colour?" He asks desperate to convince me.

"No no that's not what i mean and you know that." I look at him with a confused look "I've been here a day and your already trying to be with me, excuse me if ima little suspicious"

"And yet i feel like I've known you my entire life"

"That was dramatic, and a little too cheesy" i stand with a small smile on my lips and cross my arms.

"Ye you're right, I realised once i said it." He looked defeated. "Look i know this is weird and it's obviously been very little time, but I've never wanted this with someone, and when you do get to know me, you'll find out when i want something i will not stop until i get it" he stood up straighter looking proud of himself.

"So what your telling me that you'll just keep harassing me after I say no" the instant panicked look on his face brought a short laugh to my lips. "Calm down I'm joking" it took a second but once he noticed my smile he relaxed.

"What did you mean, someone like you?" He stepped closer to me,i looked back at him confused, "you said I wouldn't want to be with. Someone like you, what did you mean?" My mind panicked fora split second but it was gone as fast as it came

"We are very different people Ezra, with very different backgrounds, if you take this on you have to take into account of all the things you be taking on because of me." He looked a me suspicious, obvious;y catching on that i didn't answer his question proper;, but he didn't push it.

"And I'm willing to do so" he looked at me with a caring gaze, it felt odd, but nice.

Then all of a sudden he began to lean in, his eyes closing half way through. He's about to kiss me. No. I put my hand up between our mouths and stop the kiss. He pulled back confused as a puppy. "I don't want our first kiss to be like this" i admitted to him sheepishly.

"Wait, aren't we a little late for that?"he let out and awkward chuckle with a very confused look on his face, which i reciprocated

"If you are implying something, you may have to elaborate, because i have no clue wha your talking about." I reply

"I mean last night" he had a smile on his face, however still held that confused look on his face.

"Yes i was there, in the study with you and Alex." I feel like I'm telling a story to a five year old.

"No i mean after that, in here, when we kissed" I laughed at him

"We did not i can assure you, Ella and Luca put me to bed and then i woke up here with you, about 20 minutes ago" i looked at him like he was stupid, which is harsh i know.

"What? You don't remember?" He questioned

"Remember what nothing happened with us. Ella used her pheromones on me then put me to bed" he looked a little startled when I mentioned this

"Wait pheromones? Your friends a love bender?" He questioned seriously

"Well yes you could say that" he looked a tad frustrated at me

"That's what they are called Sophia. You let her do it on you? While you were drunk?" He seems a tad on the pissed off side now.

"Yes what is the problem?" realisation dawned on him mildly.

"You don't remember last night because your friends pheromones mixed with the alcohol in your system and messed with your memory, that also explains why you blacked out.

"I blacked out" I exaggerate

"Yes after we kissed"

"Wait so we actually kissed, and I don't remember?" I question back

"Yes we did" he looks a little disappointed, that makes me feel quilts for some reason.

"Did anything else happen?" I ask trying to understand what happened. I could see some wheels turning in his head as he spoke

"No no i came in here and found you, then it just kinda happened" he explained, sadly

"Oh" i look around kind of awkwardly. "Im sorry" he came over to me and placed his hands on my shoulders

"You have nothing to be sorry for, and at least now we get to have the first kiss you wanted in the first place" he said smiling at me, i returned the smile happy that that made m feel a little better. "Cmon" he starts guiding me towards the door "lets go make breakfast"

"Oh by the way" he hummed in response as we reach the door, "my favourite colour is dark green" i smiled at him and he laughed at me guiding me out the room. Maybe this wont be so bad

———————————————-

Word count 1481

This was kind of just a filler so apologies but we move.