Chapter 7

Me and Ezra made our way downstairs, into the kitchen where we planned on making breakfast, however there was in fact a body lying on the counter asleep and blocking everything. I walked over to see who it was and why am i not shocked to see that it is Jake. I chose the easiest way to wake him up and rolled him of the counter, onto the floor stepping back so he didn't roll on my feet.

"OW WHAT THE FUCK!" Jake groaned holding his head and rolling over to see who pushed him off. "Sophia?" I just stood laughing at him, then he realised it was me who pushed him "What the actual hell Soph? Why did you push me?" He stood up to look down at me, he looked truly offended.

" hey I wasn't the one who fell asleep on a kitchen bench in someone else's house" i was still laughing at him.

"Counter" i look at him confused "its kitchen counter" he corrected me, and laughed along with me. His eyes flicked to behind me and his smile dropped, this i assume is because he now realises Ezra had watched this all go down. "What's he doing here?" Is eyes focus back on me and he lowers his voice but not low enough for Ezra not to hear him.

"Well Jake you are in his house, previously asleep on his kitchen bench" he looked at me eyes wide and i just smirked at his realisation.

"Did you say his house?" He looked like he was in a horror movie. I nodded as a reply. "So it was his party?" I shrugged my shoulders, i doubted the idea was Ezra however i also don't think he would've been against it.

"I don't know" I turned around to face Ezra who was now leaning on the doorframe with his arms folded, eyes attatched to me with that signature smirk on his face "was it your party?" I asked him.

"Well it was Luca's idea, however we were all happy to host" i turned back to Jake and tilted my head towards Ezra to say 'there's your answer'

"Speaking of which, where is Luca?" I asked the question between the two. Jake shrugged his shoulders at me while i feel Ezra stride over to me, stopping right in front of me, close enough that i have to raise my chin slightly to look at his face.

"And why do you want to know where Luca is?" He stared me down with what i can only assume is annoyance?

"What? You jealous I'm looking for him?" He turned to him full with a small smile on my face.

"I just want to know wether i have to strangle my best friend next time i see him" he crossed his arms over his chest with a straight face, making my smile disappear.

"Calm down hulk" i put a hand up and his smirk reappeared "I'm asking for Luca because wherever he is I'm assuming my best friend will also be there, so" i turn back to Jake who looks like he seen a ghost after watching my interaction with Ezra. "Let's go find Ella" i turn back to Ezra "do you know where he is? Or more so where they are?"

"I don't, but i can find out" i looked at him puzzled and he just raised his hand and patted his finger on his temple twice. Oh yeah, the mind reading thing. He waited for me to answer as his references to his powers must have been a question.

"Not Ella, but feel free to invade Luca" he nodded his head once and stared at me, unblinking for a solid 15 seconds. He then blinked and answered my request

"They are in Luca's room, however id suggest not interrupting, but she's safe, don't worry" he replied answering what i needed to know most, she's okay, however,

"EW!" Me and Jake said at the same time pulling disgusted faces at each other, Ezra just chuckled at us, or more me, I don't think he's properly acknowledged jakes existence once.

"Where's Amy?" I turn my attention to Jake

"She went back to your dorm, said the noise was too much for her, i offered to walk her back but she said no". He looked pretty sad.

"Aw poor baby Jake got rejected" i said in a baby voice and ruffled his hair.he smacked my hand away.

"I did not get rejected, she was tired"

"Sure pal" i laughed at him. "Maybe you should go back to your room, you look horrendous" his did look like he was all over the place, clothes all ruffled with stains on which I'm assuming is alcohol, hair was all over the plAce and his face looked like he hadn't slept in days

"Gee thanks for the compliment, but your right I'm gonna head back" he went to turn away but hesitantly turned back, however his focus was not on me this time

"How do i work the elevator?" His question laced with a hint of fear

"As normal, the finger pad is for getting up not getting down" Ezra spoke to Jake for the first time. Jake just nodded his head and left. I watched him get into the lift and the door close as he figured the buttons out.

"So" Ezra spoke no i turned my attention toward him, "what do you want to do today?" He smiled at me

"Go back to my dorm and get my shit together before classes start tomorrow" i threw a sarcastic smile at him and his face dropped.

"No" he said in a whiny voice "spend the day with me" he sounded like a child, which i did not expect to come out of him.

"You know I'm starting to see why you only have two friends." He face dropped once again and he grabbed my arm, spinning me before i could realise what was happening and my back hit the kitchen island while is arms went on either side of me, his face now incredibly close to mine.

"I have two friends because they are the only people I can trust" he said. His voice lowered and still very close to my face.

"Glad to know i am not your friend" i pulled a offended face and went to push his arm away but he held his grip, keeping me caged.

"Oh i intend for you to be way more than my friend, princess" his voice was husky and lower than i thought it could go.

"You know your very straight forward" i scramble for words.

"I know" he held his smirk "spend the day with me" he insisted once again

"Ezra I'm serious i need to get stuff ready for tomorrow" he looked unconvinced

"Then let me come with you, get it done twice as fast"

"You know what? give me until 3pm to get everything ready and then i will expect you at my door, not a minute late to spend the rest of the day with me" compromise

"But its 9:45"he complained

"So?"

"That mean i have to wait just over 4 hours" i looked at him like he was stupid.

"Are you for real?" However the look on his face was definitely for real. "You're going to have to deal with it darling, because you aren't gonna see me all day every day, we'd get sick off each other." His eyes lit up as i spoke "what?" I asked when i he didnt reply to me.

"Say it again" he looked at me with longing and a weird spark in his eyes that made my heart go faster. I tilted my head in confusion, until it dawned on me.

"What? Call you darling?" His eyes lit up even more. I just smiled at him.

"I like it when you call me that, keep it" he said in a serious tone.

"Ill call you what i want asshole, you'll have to earn pet names" i pushed on his arm again, this time there was no resistance as I walked towards the lift

I clicked the floor of my dorm and turned towards Ezra who hadn't moved from his spot at the kitchen island "3pm, not a minute later or we aren't going anywhere" i caught a glimpse of his smile before the lift doors closed and i was moving down

Now do i spend my 4 hours preparing for tomorrow, or figuring out what do to about this afternoon? I do not know.
——————————————-
Word count: 1431

Again just. Bit of a light chapter but all the action starts when they start classes tomorrow, however Sophia must deal with tonight first, let's see how it goes.