Chapter 9

He took me to the woods. Although it sounds creep it was actually quite nice. We found a stream and just walked with each other until we found a good spot and Ezra set up a blanket on the floor, and pulled some snacks out of the bag he's been dragging along with him. We just sat and spoke with each other as the day went by and it was surprisingly comforting, having someone to just talk to. However its eating at me that he doesnt know me, not fully.

"So may i ask what your powers are?" He said as we were lay on our back staring at the sky and the stars slowly start to appear.

"Cant you just rummage through my brain and find out?"

"Im a man of my word, i would never invade your privacy like that"

"You already have, or have you forgotten i never actually told you my name?" He laughed at me.

"Fair enough, you got me there" it went silent for a few seconds "but seriously, what is our power" i froze, i would spill the same bullshit i gave Amy, but I don't think i can bring myself to lie to him, i don't know why. So I ultimately do my best to avoid the question.

"What's your power?" He looks at me curious as to why I've changed the subject to him.

"You know my power"

"I mean your other one, you notoriously known for having more than one" he chuckled at this.

"And what makes you think i only have two?"

"Do you have more than two? Because i thought even two was shocking." I rested on my elbows and looked at him as he laughed at me.

"Elements, i can control the elements"i looked at him shocked.

"So not only were you gifted two sets of powers, you were gifted two of the most powerful ones there is" he kept laughing at m expression.

"If you keep going on like that you'll stroke my ego" he rested on his elbows to match me, then his face turned serious. "Is there a reason you wish to not discuss your power?" I was shocked at the question, but chose not to lie to him, i dont think I could if i wanted to anyway.

"Yes there is, only two people in this place know of the power status, and for now i wish for it to stay that way, i hope you understand" he looks at me with a hint of sympathy.

"Of course i do, you don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to, and hey- me not knowing might just give you the advantage when we get to spar" i looked at him confused

"What do you mean spar i thought first years kept to themselves for the first few months, second and third years aren't allowed to challenge us." He smirked at me

"Well lucky for me i have a pretty high influence on everyone here, so i realistically can do whatever i want"

"Oh ye, and how do you have this influence." His smile faded slightly

"My father, he's a very important part of this academy, which makes me important, as well as my power anomaly" makes sense. That's probably why he has the penthouse.

"So what your saying is our going to try to challenge me?" I smirked at him

"Well i guess we will soon find out" he said with a mischievous look on his face

"Prepare to lose"we laughed at each other as we called it a night and headed back to the academy to prepare ourselves for tomorrow.

—————————

The next morning came by way too fast, and i was now stood in my fighting gear with daggers all over my body, my favourite dagger however was strapped to the outside of my thigh, as always. Today was mainly introducing everyone to everything, but we get to try out the equipment after intros are done, which i am very excited for.

I left my dorm with Ella and Amy with me, and we met up with Jake near the lift to go down to the main hall. When we get there, there was so many people here, like an insane amount of people. I took me a few minutes to realise this wasn't just first years, thank god. All three years were here, apparently its normal to have a morning meeting with everyone to let everyone have frequent updates of what's going on around them.

I hate to say it, but i was kind of hoping to see a certain black haired man when i spied over the third years, however i was left disappointed when there was no trace of him, or his friends.

All four of us took a seat while one of the teachers stood on a platform in front of us. After a few seconds, everyone fell silent.

"Welcome everyone, especially first years, to a new year at the academy, i expect you all to work hard and earn your place here." He kept them welcoming part very brief. "Regarding the next few months, first year classes will be all over the place for analysis purposes, meaning you may end up overlapping classes with other year groups. Second and third years, within this time you will not be allowed to challenge any of the first years, these first few months are for them to find their feet, not for you to knock them down before they are even up" i hear a few chuckles from across the room.

"So for now second and third years, you know the drill, you can all leave to your classes" only about half the room left. Wait your telling me half the room is first years and the other half is both second and third year combined. I voiced my thoughts to my friends.

"Well yeah, half the year never makes it to second year, either they do the first year to say they've done the training and to go back to their normal life, or they drop out because they cant handle it" Ella explains from my right.

"Or they died in training" Jake pitches in from my left.

"It's not very often a cadet dies at all in the academy, never mind only in first ear, so I wouldn't go worrying about that part" Amy threw in from beside Ella.

"Now that its just first years. We are going to split you into threes groups as there are a lot of you, and then each group will have a delegated third year to do the introductions and show you all around." He then went around screaming that we need to get some things from our dorm and meet back in the main hall in five minutes. We needed a notebook a pen and a washcloth. Why? I do not know.

We all went to get the objects and come back to the main hall occupying our previous seats. "Now that everyone is back, id like to introduce you to the three third years showing you around." Then three very familiar faces walk on stage, of course its them, explains why they werent in the meeting earlier. Alex, Luca and Ezra stood by the platform the professor was on, all looking weirdly serious, like they have no soul, its kinda creepy.

"Now we are gonna separate into three groups, ill call your names and your allocated third year team." Next thing i know, Ezras eyes lock onto mine and a sliver of a smirk appeared, but it was gone before i could blink, i looked to Luca who was eyeing Ella, then looked at Alex who looked back at me and gave a polite head nod, then his eyes caught onto something next to me, Jake. His eyes lingered for longer than i expected then he looked away, Jake being clueless of the interaction.

Within a few seconds Alex and Luca had walked to Ezra and were saying something then moved back to their places. Ezra then walked over to the professor and said something into his ear, the professor looked back at him slightly confused, but nodded nonetheless.

He started shouting out random names giving them a team, Luca being team three, Alex two, and ezra one. "Jake Henderson, team two" Jake walked towards Alex's team. "Ella Flores, team three" Ella rolled her eyes and walked away towards Luca "Amy Jacobs," he paused and looked towards the three third years, Alex shook his head so subtly that you wouldn't have noticed if you weren't watching, "team one" Amy looked at me startled, and began to walk towards Ezras group. Now there was just me, everyone was staring at me. "Sophia White, team one" i cant tell wether I'm relieved or annoyed that I wasn't put with Ella or Jake, but at least i had Amy, and Ezra i guess.

Ezra looked at me with a small smirk as i walked over to Amy who stood with the rest of his group. "Alex your team will go floor ground,2,1; Luca go 1, ground, 2, ;and lastly Ezra go 2,1,ground" you have 2 hours on each floor to go through everything in as much detail as you can, then move floors after the time is up. You have your orders, Move out" everyone begins to move out of the main hall in their groups, Ezra leading ours.

Hey it could be worse, at least i have Amy.