Hospital

"Are you sure it was drunk driving?" Liam asked franticly from the passenger seat. "Yes. They called Paul from the ambulance as he was his emergency contact on tour and that's what they told him." Preston explained.

"That doesn't mean shit!" Liam yelled, "He's not from here that's why he was swerving probably."

"Liam." Harry spoke softly, "Don't yell at Preston, we're all trying to figure this out."

Liam nodded, "I'm sorry." He sighed, and Preston smiled, "Don't worry."

".17." The doctor told the group, "That was his blood alcohol level."

"Is that high?" Harry asked unsurely, Louis frowned at him "Harry, .17 usually means death."

The doctor shook her head, "Not death, Just dangerously high."

"He's going to be okay tough, right?" Zayn's shaky voice asked, The doctor sighed, "If I'm being honest, It's a miracle his body is even functioning, Weve had people at .20 need a ventilator to breathe, A few more drinks and that could have been him."

"Is he going to survive?" Liam asked with wide eyes, "I'm not making any promises but as of right now he seems to be doing fine, his car had airbags and he was wearing his seatbelt."

After a few moments of silence, Louis spoke up, "Is he going to be arrested?" The doctor gave him a sympathetic look, "I'm not sure, if he had been pulled over he definitely would have, But because the ambulance arrived before the police it depends if the police are curious about the case."

"Now I am going to be keeping him for the rest of the week, only 4 days. Just until the alcohol leaves his body fully."

"Should we put him in rehab?" Paul asked, "Is this normal?" All six shook their heads, "Then no. My guess was he met up with some friends and had too much to drink."

"Oh my god." Liam gasped, "This is all my fault! If I hadn't texted him that security was looking for him then he wouldn't have rushed home and-"

"Liam!" Zayn rubbed his shoulder, "It's not your fault, If anything you saved his life. What if he had stayed and had even more to drink?"

"I'm sorry but I have other patients to tend to, Have a nice night."

"Here's what's going to happen." Paul told the boys with a determined look on his face, "We are not taking a risk like this ever again so all alcohol on the bus will be tossed, He is to not have a room or car to himself until further notice."

"He's sneaky." Harry said, "We should get something on the door or a baby monitor when we need to go out."

Liam nodded, "I like that."

-----

Niall groaned to himself as he was led out of the hospital, Paul holding onto his arm tightly. He couldn't wait to get his stupid nappy off. He had wet the bed the first night in the hospital and the doctor had offered a nappy and Paul had made him wear one.

He was helped into the backseat where Louis had buckled him in before he even had the chance to, "I can buckle myself, Lou."

"Hey." Zayn's stern voice was heard from the seat in front of him, "You watch that attitude."

"I didn't even have an attitude!" Niall claimed, "I hope you're not back-talking me right now."

"How am I back talking? I just-"

"Niall." Liam turned around to give him a stern glare, "You apologize to Louis and Zayn right now."

"For what?" Niall yelled, "Niall." Liam cold voice told him, He sighed, "I'm sorry."

"For?" Louis questioned, "Talking back and having an attitude." Louis nodded sharply at him, "I swear one day I'm gonna tan his ass." He heard Liam mutter to Zayn.

'Yeah right.' Niall thought, 'You're not my dad.'