"Beach girl!"

Y/n lay on the beach, letting the water run over her. Feeling the cool water over her body, warmed from the sun. She breathed in the salty air.

The sun was setting and most campers had gone to their cabins for the night. The sky was painted with yellows, oranges, and reds. 

Her hair cascaded over her shoulders and onto the sand. She'd developed freckles from the summer sun. (If you have freckles they got more intense 💗)

She was completely at peace. Until her good friend Percy's voice made her jolt up.

"Hey Beach girl." He said from a few feet away.

"Oh, sorry, were you like...asleep?"

"No, no...just relaxing. Come sit." She motioned for him to come beside her. They had met a few months ago on this very same beach. 

She had to explain to Percy that she wasn't a daughter of Poseidon, she just loved the beach. In reality, she was a child of Aphrodite. (ALL OF U ARE BEAUTIFUL SO THIS THE DEFAULT 😻)

The reason for the nickname was Percy's fault. "So...do you have a name? Or should I just call you Beach girl?" Y/n then told him her name, obviously, but he kept the nickname.

He plopped down next to her. "Woah, pretty sunset." He nodded.

😻y/n pov BC ITS HARD IN THIRD PERSON😻

"Right? It's like...gorgeous" I nod.

"Not as gorgeous as you" he does his playful flirty thing and nudges my elbow.

"Percy Jackson!" I laugh.

"It was smooth! You know it was y/n. Admit it, I'm smooth." 

"Very smooth." I roll my eyes

"Thank you, thank you." I'm shaking while I bite my lip and try not to laugh.

"Come on, laugh! Or I'll make you!" He tells me.

"I refuse to laugh!" 

"Fine, plan b! I'll make you laugh!" He's suddenly tickling me.

"Percy!" I say though fits of laughter "stop it!"

I try and roll away from him but he gets on top of me.

"Bro!" I can't contain my laughter, I'm unable to stop. "My stomach hurts from laughing so much!"

"Fine, fine!" He laughs and stops tickling me.

I look up at him, he's currently hovering over me, legs split over mine. It's kinda...attractive? I mean, yeah he's super cute. But he's so close to me now.

He swoops his hand through his now messy hair.

"Okay, I haven't had dinner yet. Have you?" He asks, looking down at me. His eyes find mine.

Fuck. I just blushed at that.

"Uh...nope, not yet." 

"Let's go eat then, come on." He stands up and offers me a hand. I take it and he pulls me up.

My hair is soaked now and so is my bathing suit. "Hey, this is a little crazy but, you wanna go swimming? Like now?"

His eyes widen at me. "Now? We're supposed to be eating right now."

"I know but...you wanna race me across? promise I can beat youuu" I tease at him.

"Dinner can wait."

We both jump into the water and fly towards the other shore. The water laps across me, the salt almost stings in my eyes. Of I didn't swim so much it definitely would.