A Proper Apology

It has only been three days since I came down here and it had been the worst 72 hours of my entire afterlife.
I stayed holed up in my room agonizing by myself. I couldn't bring myself to ring up Aria or talk to anyone in the hotel. I felt guilty, I felt angry, I felt lonely here. I wanted to go home already.

In situations like these, there is only one solution. I fluffed up my pillow and covered myself in a blanket.

I slept through half a day and honestly, I felt a lot better. Just as I had calmed down, a knock came on the door.

"My dear." A familiar radio tune resounded from the door.

Great.

"Y/N, I came here to apologize." He said, getting straight to the point.

"You are only here because Charlie forced you to." Who else could have gotten him to come here and apologize to me?

"Whether or NOT-" Alastor's voice raised for a moment before calming down, "Whether or not Charlie did send me, doesn't change the fact that I apologized to you."

"Apologize for what?"

"You know."

"I mean you have to be more specific than that."

I hear a pestered sigh from his lips, "I apologize for purposefully aggravating and disrespecting you last night."

"Hm," I slowly walked to the door, "What if I don't forgive you? Would that upset Charlie and would that mean you have to keep coming here begging for an apology?"

A radio screeched through the door. "What do you want." His voice lowered.

"I want a proper apology," I replied.

"You have to further elaborate that, my dear." He said before I opened the door, finally facing him eye to eye.

I pause to think of something ludicrous, something so unlike of him, so that I can tease him for it for the next 12 months.

"A proper apology would be... Bringing me to have a nice dinner. Fetching me with a bouquet of fresh flowers and a kiss on the hand." I saw Alastor's eye twitch, and before he could utter a word, I continued, "You have to be an absolute gentleman. Then over dinner, you would say how lovely I look before apologizing again for what you did and deeply confessing how you regretted it."

I smiled in contentment. "Not that hard right?"

"See you then at 6." He manages to say before disappearing.

What.

Huh

Wasn't he supposed to protest and refuse my conditions, or at least negotiate?

Wait was he really serious about accepting my request?

Wouldn't that mean I accidentally scheduled a date between me and Alastor?

I hastily closed the door and leaned on it. I could feel a flustered look flushing across my cheeks.

But I can't lose face against him. I brought up the conditions, I can't just back down on it.

But wait do I have anything to wear? Wait, no, why do I care? I'll just go as I am right now. That should at least squeeze a little annoyed face from him.

But I have to at least make myself presentable if I were to have a nice dinner out with someone.

I opened my luggage and pulled out a simple and classic red dress Aria packed for me.

I mean, when else can I have the opportunity to dress up nicely in hell?

------------

It was nearly 6 and time had never flown this fast in hell. I was getting nervous and regretted making the conditions like so.