Cook Off

I placed 2 cups of flour into the bowl, just as the instructions told me too. Now...

"Here you are, darling." Alastor clicks his fingers and an electric hand mixer appears right on my hand.

"Thank you." He can be helpful sometimes, I guess.

I turned it on and just as the device touched the flour mixture, the white powder erupted and exploded right onto my face and everything around it within 2 meters radius.

"ALASTOR!" I screamed after wiping the flour from my face.

"My dear," He covers his mouth, "I haven't even done anything yet for you to mess up this much."

"You little piece of-" I paused in frustration, "Are you even helping me??" I said to Alastor who had been enjoying this for far too long. First, he didn't tell me it was 180 degrees Celsius, NOT 280 degrees, then he didn't tell me I totally mixed up the recipe from another page- I mean seriously?! 'I trust your judgement' 'Oh, please, it was common sense!' All he does is spectate me trying to do all of this myself.

Alastor laughs in response, "Oh look at your face, it's beautiful."

Rather than mock me I'd rather he help me instead.

"It's almost time and we haven't even made any progress." I clutched my head in panic. "Forget the dessert, lets focus on the main dish." 

"Alright then, As long as I'll do the curry sauce this time." Alastor complies. "Here you go," He passed me a bowl of potatoes. "I've noticed you aren't that bad with the knife. I'll make the sauce and when you're done we can start boiling the chickens after."

Speaking of sauce, it reminded me of when I accidentally made Alastor try the heavily salted mix I made. A laugh escaped my mouth and Alastor raised his brow in confusion. 

"Oh, sorry. Yep, I can do that."  I grab the bowl and start peeling the potatoes. Is it weird that I kind of feel flattered when he said I'm pretty good with a knife?

Music started playing in the air. It was an old tune but one of my all-time favorites. 

Alastor was humming together with the music and I decided to join him.  

I take a glance at Alastor mixing in the ingredients. I stared down at the batter and got reminded of how I accidentally spilled a whole bowl on Alastor's clothes. I snorted at the memory but then Alastor caught me looking at him so I quickly turned my head back at the potatoes.

This cooking session wasn't actually that bad. A smile lingered on my face before I felt someone hovering behind me. Alastor leans in and I turn to see his face a little bit too close for comfort next to mine. 
"Excuse me, my dear." He said before reaching out for a can opener that was situated in the cabinet above me.

"You could have told me to move," I said keeping a straight face, but I was internally screaming.

Alastor laughs. "I could have, yes."

-------

Me and Alastor enters the dining room, just in time for lunch. 

"Good day, everyone!" Alastor announces, "To redeem herself once more, Today's lunch will be a special dish made by Y/N herself."

"I'm outta here." Angel stands up from his chair before one of Alastor's shadows tied him back down.

"Oh?" Angel Dust grins, "kinky."

"Do not worry, my dear friends." Alastor assures them, "I assisted in today's meal so I can assure you it is nothing but AMAZING!"

Vaggie raises the spoon full of food near her mouth and everyone watches the volunteer sacrifice as she eats Y/N's curry.