Pancakes 2.0

Did they really think they could make fun of my cooking... Especially Alastor, I'll show them how much I improved.

I woke up 5:30 am just to surprise them with breakfast. Of course, I'm going to make pancakes, it's a morning staple.

I carefully read the back of the box with instructions on it. I placed all of the ingredients together and started mixing. While I was stirring the dry ingredients I felt a pair of hands around my waist.

"Pre-mixed Pancakes are cheating." Alastor's voice greeted me while he rested his head on mine. He was hugging me from behind and I froze.

My heart was about to explode and as I turned around in response, there was no one there.

What the fuck.

Was I just hallucinating Alastor right now?

But why would I-

A reason popped up in my head

No.

Absolutley not.

I tried to mute my thoughts and continued my quest...

Tried to.

...

ARRGHHHHHH

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT ALASTOR, I COULDN'T PAY ATTENTION TO MY PANCAKES AT ALL.

I look at the sludge that came out of the pan. Out of the six pancakes only 2 made it out semi-okay.

It's progress I guess...

I was about to just throw the evidence of my pancakes and go to bed like I hadn't been awake for the past hour but I started hearing 2 pairs of footsteps coming down and I had to embrace the fact I had to be a little bit more enthusiastic in the morning greeting to save face.

"Oh my goodness," Aria's footsteps raced down, "I smell something bu-"

"Good morning Aria, Al." I leaned on the counter with a fixed smile.

"Oh." Aria exhaled in relief. "My Goodness Y/N here I thought my house was burning down but it was just you and your cooking after all." She laughs while walking to me.

"But I must say," Alastor commented. "I can surprisingly spot a couple of edible parts in it now. Good job." He pats my head and makes his way to his seat.

"Well, I- erm, yes, good m- No I mean, tha-nks!" I stuttered.

He starts eating the pancakes, even the burnt ones. Aria joins him and prepared some tea for breakfast.

------

"UNO." I screamed while slapping Alastor's hands away and putting my other hand on the deck.

"That's cheating. Physical violence at it's pettiest." Alastor hissed

Aria was sitting by her rocking chair, knitting her new project. I wanted her to play too but she said she liked the view from there.

"It's 2 to 1 Al." I laughed maniaclly after winning.

"Don't celebrate too early Angel..." He whispered.

The UNO Competition went on for a few days before Aria decided our competitiveness had to come to an end.

"234 to 221." Alastor huffed.

"AGAI-"

"Okay don't you think that's enough of UNO?" Aria stopped us. "What about we have a movie night?"

"Wonderful idea, Ma!" Alastor stood up and stretched his limbs. He extended his hands and helped me up.

-------

Aria picked tonight's movie and funny enough it was Bambi. We all had comfy blankets around us and just as we were about to watch, Aria takes out a camera and positioned it on the desk.

We all had our photos taken together. I wanted to keep one because Alastor never allows his photos taken. This was all for bribery purposes of course...

During the middle of the movie, I started to feel sleepy. My head was bobbing back and forth until it decided to gravitate towards Alastor's shoulder like my body still remembers how comfortable it was laying on him.

Due to my unconscious ignorance, I wasn't aware of the clicking sound that came from Aria's camera.

Aria giggled at the photo she took.

"If you ask me, deer." Aria leans to Alastor's ear, "I fully approve of Y/N."

-------

Time Skip brought to you by Author Who Ran Out of Fluffy Moment Ideas

-------

My wings started to get better. Now that the treatment was over, it was only a matter of time before I can fly.

The past week and a half, was the best time I've ever had in ny life.

Me, Aria, and Al had lots of games and midnight picnics at the garden. Every morning I was assigned to make breakfast and I finally could present a good plate of pancakes.

Aria showed me a picture of me resting on Alastor during one of our movie night and my intrusive thoughts made me want to jump.

Tomorrow is my return date and so we celebrated with another midnight picnic in the garden. Alastor went to collect and wash the dishes. I sat beside Aria and took a deep breath of the fresh air.

"I've missed you Aria. I wish I never had to leave you."

"Oh Y/N." She cooed. "You never left me and you don't always have to stay by me."

I look at her in confusion.

"When you and I got close, I thought of how cute you were, always clinging by me like a child." Aria explains, "But now, I think you've grown too dependent on my company. You were content with just one good friend but... Y/N there is so much more out there and I don't want to be the limit. I want you to find your people, even if that means I'm not there anymore."

"But Aria, you're so precious to me."

"And I don't see how that needs to be changed, dear." She pats my head. "Don't be scared of change. Open up your heart to others and give them a chance."

I wanted to shake my head and refuse but I took the time to seep her words into my head. I look back at Aria's eyes as she give back a warm smile.

Just like that, the next day came and I had to leave back to my post. 

~~~~~~

A/N: The story is almost over guys 🥹🥹(unless another plot idea just rams through my head)