4

Hugging her blanket, she struggled with memories and nostalgia for a few hours before falling asleep at the brink of dawn.

When she barely fell asleep, she felt warmth on her hand. She opened her eyes with much difficulty and saw Sprite munching her finger, his tail wagging and eyes bright.

She was stunned and stared at the dog for 10 seconds, before finally grasping the situation.

She poked Cola but the cat was in deep sleep. She didn’t even open an eye.

“Classmate Sprite, what do you want?” she asked.

Sprite kept on wagging his tail, wagging his tail…

She picked up her phone and saw that it was only 7. Could the dog be hungry? She had already prepared dog food and drinking water in advance yesterday. Could it be that he needs to pee or poop? Taehyung told her that the dog could do his business independently, not even a sitting toilet would be a problem for him…

In the end, in a state of fatigue, she gave up and dialled Taehyung’s number.

A gentle, relaxing song played in the time he didn’t pick up. Jennie placed her phone on the side of her face and started dozing off in a few seconds, until a voice answered.With her eyes closed, she asked in a sleepy voice, “Your dog is munching my finger and refuses to let me sleep. Can I know what exactly does that he wants?”

Taehyung's voice was clear and bright, as if he had already began working. Someone kept on pestering him for answers on the other side. He first answered the person before explaining to Jennie, “I think he wants to go out and play around. I would bring him out every morning.”

Jennie resisted the urge to yawn. “If I don’t bring him out, what will happen?”

Back then when she decided to keep a cat instead of a dog, it was because she thought walking a dog every day would be too troublesome…

He was quiet for a moment before calmly saying, “I don’t know. It never happened before.”

She wishfully thought that it would be alright and climbed back underneath her blanket to continue her slumber. It went without saying that Sprite ended up biting her from head to toe. Therefore she had no choice but to carry a cat that was still asleep and pulling Sprite along down the building…When they reached home, it was already 10. She was just about to go back to sleep when Shen Wei Jue called, asking, “Have you woke up?”

She was so tired she wanted to cry. “No. Just now I took my first love’s dog out for a walk, I’m about to sleep again.”

The person on the other end was silent for a moment before getting really enthusiastic. “No way! I just finished filming a programme about marriage law, focusing on the pitfalls of love. But something actually happened on your side? Jennie, are you dating?”

“… listen well, it’s my first love, but we have already broken up nth years ago.”

Even though they had not actually said the words “break up.”

“Oh…” Shen Wei Jue’s tone immediately changed. Her attitude was a dramatic 180 shift. “If that’s so, then don’t think about it further. My colleague did an investigative piece today. It’s the same background as yours. There was a man who liked to fantasize about his first love. Even after he got married, he still fooled around. He kept telling his first love that he was still single but in reality, his wife was overseas…”

Shen Wei Jue explained the case with enthusiasm. Jennie only listened without replying but there was something that she said that enlightened her.So many years had passed.