12

Jennie reached for the thermos, but she wasn’t sure whether she should drink, so she just stared at the bottle.

“Drink, drink,” Shen Zhe quietly said. “Taehyung is a germaphobe, it’s only you that he doesn’t mind. Back then I had an agitating cough, I looked all over the studio for a bottle of water but there was none. Meanwhile he was drinking water, gulp after gulp, watching as if I cough to death in front of him.”

The water barely reached Jennie's throat before she almost choked.

Because of Shen Zhe’s words, her attention finally was diverted. With a low voice, she asked, “I’m curious, do you actually like men?” Shen Zhe was stunned before laughing loudly. “I really like women, 101% like women.”

Jennie pursed her lips. She stared at him, weighing his words. “Which type do you like?”

“She must be the same age as I am and able to understand what am I saying. Independent, best if she has her own career,” Shen Zhe answered after careful thought, “Someone who understands me, she must be someone who can embrace me when I’m being attacked by malicious rumours.”“You’re almost 30 right? You like someone your age? Shouldn’t you like those tender young models or something?” Jennie immediately felt a deep sense of respect for Shen Zhe.

But after she digested what the later half of his words, she thought that it didn’t sound right. “As long as you want to, when malicious rumours come up, those people who want to hug you would probably need to line up and take a number…”

“It’s not the same,” Shen Zhe said smiling. Slightly bashful, he continued, “Many of my fans are still students. For their sake, I would always try to set myself as an example. But my girlfriend will need to see my moody and imperfect side, such as when I’m shouting at someone, throwing things around, things like that.”

She quietly contemplated this, and then drank another gulp of water.

This wind here was inhuman. Even though they were close to the fire pit, she was still cold. There was a sudden weight on her shoulders, Taehyung actually placed his overcoat on her.

Jennie turned around to look at him, suddenly overwhelmed with nostalgia. That first love of hers brought her many sweet moments but each one of them came from his voice and his strings of words on the Internet. Her biggest regret was that they never truly got to know each other. She stared at Taehyung, Taehyung too stared at her.His overcoat was too large, she was almost buried in it. The hem was touching the ground.

Before she was about to be embarrassingly touched over the coat, Taehyung looked away and said with a low voice, “If you know you’re coming to Xin Jiang, why didn’t you wear a thicker coat?”

The feelings that was getting too close to the surface was quickly supressed.

Jennie twitched her nose, continuing to drink her water until none was left. “If I’m not like this, how would director have the chance to show off his attentiveness to the scriptwriter?”

Taehyung looked at her again. “How much longer are you going to stay mad?”

“I’m not mad?” Jennie laughed dryly.

“I say,” Shen Zhe interrupted helplessly, fishing a blood cube from the soup while sighing, “if you both dare to argue, then be daring enough to do it loudly…”

Both Taehyung and Jennie stared at him.

Shen Zhe immediately put down his chopsticks. “I’m done eating.”They were filming night scenes the next day, so Taehyung took Jennie out to look around.

To avoid rumours, Jennie brought along a few staff members who she was close to, on purpose. They waited for Taehyung in the hotel’s lobby but it was actually Tong Jia who showed up first. “I saw Director Taehyung just now, he said he was going to look around. Since the scriptwriter is also going, I also decided to come along. We can discuss about the script while walking around.”