Chapter 19: Rude Awakenings

Joleen

I can not stop thinking about what just happened with Jensen on the way back to the house. I know my face must be flushed and my lips red from the kisses. Maybe I should go into the barn and talk to Charles for a few minutes till my skin clears up. I have always been sensitive to the slightest of emotions turning me red in my chest and face so I need this few minutes. I remember that I have Becky's phone and it's right at 10 o'clock so I take it out of my pocket and call the house phone. She answers on the second ring "Yes Joleen? I see you are running late again. Are you sure I should be trusting you out there?" My breath catches in my lungs and I don't know what to say for a second.

"Um, uh well I mean I'm not doing anything wrong I'm just enjoying the time alone and chatting with Charles as I write in my journal. I'll be up in five if that's ok?" I ask nervously. "Yes that's fine but this doesn't need to become a habit ok," she responds and I say yes ma'am and we hang up. Phew, I thought she was mad for a moment when she answered. I should play safe for the next few nights at least. I chill in the barn with Charles and tell him how much I really like Jensen and tell him how I'm a lycan and I hope he still likes me after I change in a few weeks. I don't know who I would talk to if not for Charles about all this. I couldn't tell Leslie yet and I'm not sure how much Casper likes to talk about anything other than sex.

I am so selfish. I hadn't even thought about how all this would affect Leslie. I have been so caught up in my crush on Jensen and all the lycan stuff that I hadn't even considered how I would tell her. I dwell on this for a few minutes as I walk up to the house. After giving Becky her phone back and chatting with her for a few minutes about her show I headed up to kiss Leslie's forehead and hit the bed myself.

*Don't tell her yet. She doesn't need to know until she is more mature. It will not hurt her to be ignorant of it for a few more years. You should focus on shifting and being a lycan before telling her about being one. It will make it easier to explain once you know for yourself.*

Casper decided to chime in and has a good point here. I don't have to be in a rush to tell her. I mean she's only 7 right now and it doesn't need to be a big ordeal. *Do you know who our pack is Casper? Maybe which parent I got my lycan gene from? I just want to know more and I feel so lost about all this royalty stuff.* I ask her. Maybe I can get some answers from her that Jensen can't help me with.

*I will tell you some things but I don't expect you to understand them all or to go tell the boy until I know we can trust him and his lycan. His lycans name is Tom and he is sexy Joleen. This is a good thing that you have with him until we find our mate.*

*Wait I thought he was my mate?*

*He might be but I don't know yet. We will see soon enough. We are royalty because your father is from a pure bloodline and his pack was the Emerald Pack. He has many strong alphas and betas in his history. There hadn't been a break in the bloodline until your sister. He had her with the human woman but you were not born to her. She was in your life from very young but she was not your mother. Your mother was a beautiful Lycan named Theodora. Her human was Teresa and she was of the Silver Mountain pack out west. That is all I know of her other than the fact she was a pureblood and had some special abilities.* Casper knows a lot more than I had expected. I have more questions so I listen while she is feeling like sharing.

*Your mother died after you were born. I don't know the reason but I know your father had gone mad over the pain of the loss of his mate. He was almost rogue when he met the human that was Leslie's mother. She was something special to your father and it helped his pain. His father was the alpha and would never have accepted that he was in love with a human and not a pureblood. He would rather a member of his pack stay heartbroken and alone than mix with humans.