Chapter 20: Full Moon

I run to the window and look down to see the ground two stories down. There is a piece of lattice up this side of the house that has a vine growing to the roof so I climb out the window and with some God-given talent, I drift down it with ease. I hit the ground and I can feel a growl from deep within and hear Casper saying *I said now! Go, Go fast to the woods.* I take off in a dead run and I am almost to the barns when I have a cramp hit my knees that brings me to the ground. At the same time, my scalp feels like it is ripping away from my skull and my eyes have these flashing lights behind them that feel like a terrible migraine. I don't know what's going on but I think I am going to die here.

*I thought you said we were 18 in a few weeks, Joleen! I can't stop this I have tried. You are shifting because it's a full moon tonight. When is our birthday?*

*I told you it's August 2nd. I can't be shifting. What do I do Casper?"

*Just shift. Take deep breaths and let it happen. I don't have you prepared so you will be sore tomorrow, but for now, just let it happen. The first shift will happen without any direction from you so just breathe and stretch when you feel an ache.*

Casper

*Tom, have Jensen come to the barns. Joleen is wrong about her birthday and this is the first full moon since she has turned 18 so we are shifting. Maybe it would help her if Jensen were there too.*

Joleen

I do feel aches all over. My elbows are aching and my shoulders. I feel an ache all the way up my spine into the base of my skull. I have to get to the woods as soon as I can. I reach for the ground in front of me to crawl and as I do I feel my muscles stretch and the joints in my whole arm pop and crack. It relieves the pain and I see my arm grow in length. I do this with my whole body to relieve the pain. I just stretched as hard as I could and let myself pop into place and then crawled toward the tree line.

I could imagine that I looked like a scary movie with my eyes popping out and my body shifting with each movement of my legs and arms as I crawled so I tried to stand. I am closer now and I feel something strange in my fingers and toes. When I look down I have these claws starting to protrude from them and I have all this hair growing all over me. It's such a pretty white color of fur. I'm drawn to look up at the moon and see all of its beauty. The whole land just glows in the light of her. There is so much beauty around me and the pain is bearable. Nothing like what I expected after that initial stretch of the scalp and the leg cramps I felt.

The stretching had been the key to getting through the shift. I am fully shifted now and inside the tree line. I don't know where to go or what to do except sniff. I smell everything. The grass and leaves, the bark on the trees, and vanilla with coconut with just a hint of banana. Jensen is here. He smells better than ever. I lower myself to the ground and look for his movement in the area around me. I hear him in my head not from near me and he says, *What's going on Joleen are you ok? I didn't think your birthday was for a few more weeks. Casper linked Tom to come.*

*I am fine Jensen. It wasn't so bad. I don't know how the hell this happened but I will think about it later when this is over. It's too much to process. I want to run.* I tell him this and then I just rise and take off. I ran faster than I've ever run. I'm not even out of breath and I've been running for at least a mile now. The strength I feel is amazing. I believe I could crush a car I'm so strong. *I love this Jensen, it's the most free I've ever felt.* I mind link him.

*Run Joleen and enjoy the freedom, you deserve it. I'll be here waiting when you get back* he replied.

Casper

I have been waiting for so long to be free again. I don't know why this human doesn't know when her birthday is, but I can only assume that the filth that raised her never cared enough to know and just assigned her one. This hasn't been the terrible experience for her that I was expecting it to be. She is stronger than I had thought. I'm not sure yet but if she is as strong as our last human then there had been no loss of potency in our blood from the breeding. This meant that we would lead armies and produce alpha's in our offspring. Our aura's could overpower even an Alpha's if necessary.