𝐈𝐈𝐈

Selene was counting the seconds for Thanksgiving

Not only did Sister Natalie grant her permission to spend Thanksgiving Dinner at the Jacksons, but she also approved a sleepover. Selene planned to enlist both Percy and his camp friend as her minions for the upcoming Black Friday shopping.

Sure, she could have recruited the kids from St. Michael's—they'd do anything for her, especially for a bag of candies. But Black Friday was a serious business for Selene, and she needed reliable allies.

Arriving at the Jackson's apartment, she already had a meticulously crafted shopping list in hand. Prepared for the early morning shopping spree, she brought along three sleeping bags, already thinking about their overnight stay with Percy and his friend at the front of the Target's entrance line.

She ringed their bell twice. Selene felt, deep down, a little estranged. It was the first time someone invited her for a family dinner like this, and all she wanted was to cause a good impression on Sally. She'd even managed to pass by and buy cookies from Levains', as Percy mentioned it was her favorite.

She worte a onesie, an oversized jeans jacket, uggs and a sports bag to bring her stuff. She pondered a lot whether or not getting her hair up, but she decided to leave it natural anyways.

"Mene!" Sally exclaimed as soon as she opened the door, "We were waiting for you, come outside."

"Hi, Sally, I brought you this."

"No way!" She eagerly grabbed the Levain's bag. "I told you there was no need."

She smiled widely, "Don't worry."

Sally led her through the corridor, and as they entered the living room, Selene could already see Percy comfortably seated on the sofa, watching cartoons. In the kitchen, she saw Percy's friend, Grover, washing some dishes by the sink.

"You guys, look who's here!"

Percy glanced over his shoulder, "Hi, Mene." he said. "You're late, by the way. I already ate your cookies."

"No he didn't." Sally interjected, helping Selene with her bags.

Suddenly, they heard a loud noise coming from the kitchen, and all eyes turned to Grover. His eyes were widened, and he stood there frozen, looking at Selene. The dish he was holding slipped from his hands, clattering into the sink, forgotten. His gaze traced her from head to toe, and his expression shifted from surprise to utter fascination.

He unconsciously dropped the dishcloth, his jaw slightly slackened, eyes still as wide as it could possibly be.

Grover shuffled forward. He tried to speak but stuttered, struggling to form coherent words. His face had some teenage acne, and a wispy beard on his chin. His walk seemed unsteady, each step hinting at discomfort or pain. Brown skin, an orange shirt that read 'CAMP HALF-BLOOD,' with a red cap on his curly brown hair completed his appearance. In baggy jeans and sneakers, Grover approached Selene, a mix of fascination, nervousness, and curiosity evident in his face.