𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

There was something 'bout you that now I can't rememberIt's the same damn thing that made my heart surrenderAnd I miss you on a train, I miss you in the morningI never know what to think aboutI think about you

It's the same damn thing that made my heart surrender
And I miss you on a train, I miss you in the morning
I never know what to think about
I think about you

𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮, the 1975

Shore of Tokyo Bay, 1 a.m., Toyosu, Koto Ward.

"Come on, auntie, we're gonna be late!"

They were walking by a huge, flat space with nothing but rows of warehouses, and there was no sign of anything living anywhere Selene looked.

The only light guiding them was the distant explosive glow from Shibuya-ku, way behind them.

They turned in through one of the many open gates that lined the highway, then walked through a gigantic gymnasium-like building with beams running around it, way up high. Once they got outside again there were no tall objects to block their view, nothing at all, and the sky opened out over their heads like a dome.

"Stop calling me auntie, Polo! That's not chronologically right."

About twenty yards ahead, directly in front of them, the mass of reclaimed land came to an end, the concrete dropped off at a right angle, and there, suddenly, was the ocean—this was obvious from a yellow sign sticking out over the road.

A clear, white, full moon hung in the deep, navy-blue sky, giving off just enough light to fill the darkness between the scattered lights.

Apollo abruptly stopped by the concrete margin, overlooking the ocean. "We don't celebrate birthdays, you know," he said. "Yet, since you're going on your date soon, I thought of giving you a gift myself."

Selene crossed her arms, studying him. "Alright. What type of gift requires us to be here at midnight?"

She could see the lights on the other side of Tokyo Bay.

He didn't answer to her question. Instead, Apollo raised his arm, checking on the golden watch on his wrist. "She'll be here anywhere in..." he turned back, "Now! There she is!"

Selene also turned back. Behind them, approaching the bay, she saw a group of Japanese men led by a woman, who stood in front of them.

She looked a few years older than them—probably in mid to late twenties. She had a bright aura surrounding her, as if her skin reflected the pale colors of the dawn, although it was still night. Her face was eerily similar to Selene's, yet the mischievous smile playing on her lips reminded her a lot of Aphrodite.

She wore an all-black suit, just like the men behind her, and she had a Katana attached to her back.

Apollo took a step forward, raising his arms. "Who's alive always shows up!" He exclaimed.