𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

'Cause all the boys in their expensive carsWith their Range Rovers and their JaguarsNever took me quite where you do

With their Range Rovers and their Jaguars
Never took me quite where you do

𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕, taylor swift

Nothing caps off the perfect morning like a long taxi ride with an angry girl.

"It's sunny outside..." Percy mumbled, gazing out the window. "I like... sunny days."

"Well, lucky for you, the sun's right outside." Selene didn't divert her eyes from her own window. "Maybe you should go give it a big, warm hug."

He leaned over to her, "I can't... it'll dry my perfect skin."

Her mouth curved a little, but she kept her eyes on the windshield.

Percy fidgeted in his seat, his hand diving into his pocket. He pulled out a small silver jewelry box and nudged Selene's arm.

"Um... I didn't want to give it to you like this, but..." Percy's voice trailed off as he revealed the box, "That's... for you."

Selene's scowl softened immediately, her eyes widening in surprise. She took in the small box, her fingers trembling slightly as she opened it. The sight of the delicate silver ring inside left her breathless, her heart fluttering a little.

"No way..."

The ring was shaped like a trident, Poseidon's sacred weapon.

Her gaze flickered to Percy's hand, noticing a matching one on his index finger, shaped as a crescent moon-exactly like her necklace.

A soft smile tugged at Percy's lips. "You really didn't think I forgot your birthday, did you?"

Selene softly smiled, a rush of warmth flooding through her. She smacked Percy's arm hard, "You jerk! Of course I thought you'd forgotten!"

Percy chuckled. "I was actually planning on pretending to forget, but seeing you so worked up, I chickened out." He grinned, his fingers brushing against her hand.

Selene's eyes flickered to where their hands briefly touched, a soft warmth spreading through her.

Percy's face shifted, his eyes darting away as he quickly withdrew his hand, his fingers fidgeting slightly at his side.

"Oh, uh, sorry," he stammered, "I didn't mean to... uh, sorry."

Selene chuckled softly, a nervous laughter bubbling up as she shifted in her seat.

"It's all good," she replied, her tone light but her heart pounding in her chest. "No harm done."

She ran her teeth across her bottom lip. Fuck. Can't I be any less obvious? she thought. Apparently, the crush hadn't, indeed, faded. Her fingers fidgeted with the hem of her dress as she glanced at Percy out of the corner of her eye, hoping he hadn't noticed how awfully embarrassed she was.