The battles to become no.1

"Hey, Midoriya. I've got something to tell you." Ojiro told Izuku, entering the waiting room. Izuku was in, and Izuku listened carefully."I think your opponent, Shinsou, has some type of mind control." Ojiro said, unsure, and Izuku stood up."Understood." Izuku said completely carefree.

"You seem rather relaxed for someone who just got told their opponent has mind control." Ojiro said with a confused expression."Yep." Izuku simply said,"Are you just going to use one word answers?" Ojiro asked the host."Mhm!" With a sigh of defeat, Ojiro left Izuku to his own devices.

(I skipped the cavalry battle cause it's boring, and we all know Izuku would win it.)

Once he was called onto the stage, Izuku simply looked at Shinsou, who stood across from him. "Are both fighters ready?" Midnight asked Izuku and Shinsou, and both nodded."Then, let the fight begin!" Midnight declared. "It must be so nice to be born with such a powerful quirk. To be seen as a hero? How does it feel?" Shinsou asked Izuku.

"Well, it's nice, but y'know I didn't always have this power, so I consider myself lucky." Izuku told Shinsou, and the purple-haired insomniac looked upon Izuku in confusion. "What's the matter? You thought mind control was gonna work on me?" Izuku questioned Shinsou with a raised eyebrow, and a giant hand burst from his chest and slapped Shinsou off the stage.

'How did he resist my brainwashing?!' Shinsou wondered as he walked back to the stands. It didn't make sense to him. As for how he did it, I'll show you! With... A Chibi presentation!

A chibi version of Izuku and Shnisou stood on a small stage, and the Chibi Shinsou made an incomprehensible noise. As Izuku began to speak, his body was X-ray'd showing the symbiotes inside Izuku, and an evil smoke with a nasty smile on its face entered Izuku's head but the Chibi Venom smacked it away from Izuku's head. The smoke then proceeded to cry.

So, that's how he had done it.

Izuku wandered off stage and found himself in front of Endeavour. "Oh, hey Endeavour!" Izuku said enthusiastically and with a smile on his face. "I heard what you said at the start about how you're gonna win the festival. I just want to tell you, You won't get past Shoto!" Endeavour informed Izuku, and he just looked at him and shrugged. "Whatever you say. How's your back?" Izuku asked the No.2 hero."It's fine." Endeavour said and walked past Izuku.

After the rest of the 1st round of matches, it was revealed that Izuku would be going against Shoto, and conveniently, the son of the No.2 hero wanted to have a private chat with Izuku.

"I'll get to the point." Shoto said,"Are you All Might's secret love child or something?" Shoto asked Izuku with a serious expression and emotionless voice.

" Shoto said,"Are you All Might's secret love child or something?" Shoto asked Izuku with a serious expression and emotionless voice

"W-What?"

"No, we aren't related. What would make you even think of such a thing?" Izuku asked Shoto."Well, when you cane back, All Might seemed to be the only one that actually talked to you without resentment along with Midnight." Shoto explained to Izuku."No, we aren't related." Izuku denied, and Shoto began to walk away, "Alright then."

Now, they stood on the opposite end to each other on the stage. "Are both fighters ready?" Midnight asked again like she had many times before and like before they nodded. "Then, let the fight begin!" Midnight declared, and Shoto fired a trail of ice at Izuku, but upon shifting his right arm into a blade, he cut the ice apart and charged towards Shoto.

Shoto shot out a column of ice, but Izuku blocked it from hitting his chest and was sent flying into the air. Izuku caught onto the column using his webs and pulled himself forward, and punched Shoto in the face. Almost knocking him out, Izuku grabbed him and pushed him into the middle of the ring. "I know you've got something inside. A power that makes you afraid. A power that's made you believe you're a monster. Whatever it is inside you, that's locked up because you hate it... let it go." Izuku told Shoto, and this did seem to have triggered something in Shoto as he burst into flames.

'Oh, Fuck!' Venom shouted in Izuku's head as Izuku then muttered "Good. No holding back! I love it!" Izuku pounced forward, and  Izuku charged OFA into his arm as he kicked Shoto back to the end of the stage. Izuku leapt into the air, and Shoto charged at him on a giant glacier of ice and fire and whispered, "Midoriya, thank you." Pillars of cement and Midnight's sleeping gas were put up between them...

" Pillars of cement and Midnight's sleeping gas were put up between them

Debris was sent everywhere as smoke covered the entire area, unable to let anyone know who the winner was

Debris was sent everywhere as smoke covered the entire area, unable to let anyone know who the winner was. When the smoke cleared, Izuku stood weakly as he looked down at the unconscious Shoto Todoroki. Izuku smiled as the symbiotes healed the burns and the broken bones of his own body.

"Izuku Midoriya is the winner!" Midnight declared, and the crowd let out an uproar at the declaration of who was the winner. Izuku watched the other fights and then it his fight with Tenya Iida, which went quickly as Izuku caught him by his kegs and pulled him off the stage.

Then, Izuku would be going against Bakugo, his old friend and bully. 'You nervous about this?' Carnage asked Izuku, and the vigilante shook his head. "Nope." He plainly told the blood symbiote and walked onto the stage to face boom boom boy.

"Are both fighters ready?" Midnight asked, and they both nodded, and Midnight did what she had done for the rest of the fights  cracked her whip down on the stage. "DEKU!!" Bakugo yelled, charging Izuku from the air with a right hook, but he ducked it easily and grabbed ahold of Bakugo's arm.

He flung the living siren back to his side of the ring and shouted, "That all you can do, Sparky?" He teased Bakugo, and He grew angrier at Izuku and charged towards him using his explosions to propel him forward. Izuku pointed his left arm towards Bakugo and muttered, "Bang." 20 tendrils shot out of his arm and wrapped themselves around Bakugo, and with one light movement of his arm, he flung Bakugo out of the ring.

"We have our winner!" Pres. Mic declared

Chapter end
I have to be honest, I think the sports festival arc is pretty boring with only Izuku Vs. Shoto being the interesting part in the arc.