Chapter Four

"Wait, wait, wait," Bellamy pauses, dishes precariously perched on his arms, and stares up at Niko. "You actually offered to sleep with Lux?!"

Niko's eyes widen and then narrow as he glares at his younger brother. One might think it odd that his 19 year old brother is privy to the going's on of his bedroom, but he and Bellamy have always been close. They've only grown closer since the teen came to live with him full time. However, discussing his sex life in the middle of a crowded restaurant is entirely inappropriate and rather embarrassing. Especially when the saucier, Rhys, lets out a long,

"Ooooooh it's about time!"

Niko whips his head around to hiss a low, "Shut up!" before turning back to Bellamy. "Ever heard of privacy? Decorum?! Tact, even?!"

To which Bellamy snarkily responds, "Ever hear of not rubbing one out in the middle of a deep cleaning for a health inspection, big brother?"

The kitchen staff giggle, a few of the waiters and waitresses shoot Niko longing looks, and one particularly clingy waitress walks by at the worst moment and sighs, "Wish it was 'cause of me."

Niko can either strangle Bellamy where he stands and miss him dearly when he crosses over to the other side or he can pretend to discipline Bellamy in front of the staff, nipping any future rumors in the bud.

He goes with the latter.

He'd really miss his little brother too much.

"Sorry, Bell," Niko mumbles.

Bellamy places the dishes down on the countertop, wipes his hands on his apron, and turns to face Niko, completely unaware of what's to come. "For what?"

Niko clears his throat with a cough, inhales a deep breath, and with his most stern, authoritative voice lays into Bellamy. "Discussing my private life during work hours is not only an egregious crossing of personal boundaries, but implying I was also pleasuring myself while in my office only serves to spread rumors that border dangerously on insubordination and are indeed sexual harassment. Please, step into my office, Bellamy."

Bellamy's warm brown skin holds an undertone of red as he walks past Niko, mumbling, "I'm so calling mom and dad later to tell on you."

The staff watch the exchange as still and as quiet as can be, with wide eyes and open mouths, but when Niko turns his attention back to them, they pick up the pace, hustling around the kitchen and speaking loudly.

Worked like a charm.

He exits the kitchen, moving down the short hallway to his office and closes the door with a little too much force, but he rolls with it. The slam really sells it, making the whole thing believable.

Bellamy is sitting at his desk, phone in hand, finger poised over the keypad as he dials their parents.

Niko glares. "You wouldn't."

"I would," Bellamy counters. "Unless..." he trails off as he places the phone back. "You admit that for the past almost 19 years of my life, I was right about you being hopelessly, head over heels, nose wide open, heart eyed, doki doki, in love with one Lux." His mouth curves up into a shit eating grin as he stares over at Niko.

Niko crosses his arms over his chest and returns the same plastic grin. "I will, if you tell me who you've been spending your time with."

"You know, I'm fine with just saying 'I told you so'."

"Thought so," Niko chuckles as he sits. "But yes I did offer. He was—behaving in a manner that was unsafe."

Bellamy's stare is blank, his expression unreadable as he slowly says, "So, you saw an opportunity."