Chapter Six

Waking up in someone else's bed is, in a sense, not new for Lux. He'll often sleep for an hour or two before tiptoeing out of his date's room in the early morning hours and doing the walk of shame to catch a cab home. He has a general rule about not staying the night. Falling asleep with someone is a very intimate act and outside of his date a few weeks ago, he never, ever stays the night.

However...

He opens his eyes slowly, the sunlight streaming through the open blinds making his eyes narrow before they adjust to the sudden brightness. He yawns and stretches out his limbs, lengthening his torso and arching his back a bit before he settles back under the comforter, moving closer to Niko's ridiculously warm body. His slow reaction is almost comical as he freezes, one arm thrown over Niko's chest and his face damn near pressed into the sleeping man's neck. He sits up suddenly, heart and mind racing as he recalls everything that happened the night before.

"Oh no," he whispers softly. "Oh no." He brings a palm to his forehead, shaking his head back and forth in disbelief. He wasn't upset about the fucking around—that was great. No one has ever prioritized his pleasure over their own. He has an inkling that Niko is that type of lover consistently, the belief bringing a passing heat to his cheeks and making his pulse speed up.

He's upset because he confessed first; albeit to a sleeping Niko, but he broke first nonetheless. In less than a span of twenty four hours, he crossed nearly every boundary he originally set with the man before agreeing to their...situation. How can he face Niko? He'll never take Lux seriously. If he's willing to cross his own boundaries, who's to say Niko won't begin to push, following Lux's lead of course, and cross more important boundaries?

I've got to get out of here.

Lux panics, hus eyes rapidly flickering back and forth between the floor where his leggings are, and the bedroom door, where the living room and his sweatshirt and sneakers are. He checks the time—10am—and his eyes widen in shock. He hasn't slept this late since he was a teenager. This is bad. Not only did he stay the night, but he actually slept. Soundly. The entire night through. He searches his brain for memories of a nightmare, they happen on a nightly basis, and when he has no recollection of one, his mouth falls open in a small 'o' and he exhales a low, "Oh shit."

This is bad. This is so bad. He eases the covers away from his body, taking a moment to peek underneath them to appreciate Niko's naked form, and as quietly as he possibly can he climbs out of the bed, holding up the large pair of shorts he's wearing by the waistband.

He looks over his shoulder to make sure Niko is still asleep, and quickly slips out of the shorts to pull on the leggings. They're halfway up his legs when Niko mumbles sleepily,

"Where're you going, Dawn?"

Lux is easily startled, jumping and whipping around to glare daggers at Niko. "Why are you naked?" He hisses. "Who sleeps nude?!"

Niko rubs at his eyes, yawning loudly as he sits up in bed. The blankets fall from his upper body and pool around his waist. He scratches at his scalp, frowning once he realizes he didn't wrap his hair before falling asleep. As he becomes more alert, a slow smile curls up the corners of his mouth. "Good morning to you too. In my defense, I asked if it was okay."

"When?!"

"At like 3 in the morning. It was hot. You were half asleep, but you said it was cool," Niko shrugs. "Frittata, right?" He swings his legs over his side of the bed, turning his back to Lux. Thankfully doing so made him unable to see how wide Lux's eyes are growing. He rises, groaning softly as he stretches. He circles the bed, walking towards Lux with no shame.