I Can't Lose You

Hopesong gritted her teeth, seeing the prototype tear his way through the door. How did it find them? Why was it here? Those questions at this moment were irrelevant. Hopesong whistled, and the little ones stopped their rushing and panic. "Evacuate immediately! Go through the vents and find a safe space! Go now!" The little ones quickly rushed to the vents helping one another inside. Hopesong looked at BB, who was sitting on (Y/n)'s shoulder. "BB, take everyone to the safe zone. I'll meet you all there. " Hopesong turned to face the prototype, and BB nodded but was surprised hearing a loud protest from Dogday.

"You aren't staying here, young lady! You're coming with us!" Dogday reached and grabbed Hopesongs' arm. Hopesong growled. "I have to grab the cannon! Just go! I'll be fine!" (Y/n) looked at the door as the prototype tore at the metal. They looked at the two arguing and stepped in. "This is no time to argue! We need to get out of here now!" Poppy nodded quickly."It's about to get inside! We must hurry!" Dogday looked at the prototype then at Hopesong trying to escape his firm grip.

Hopesong finally shook his hand off her arm and hurried inside her work area. "HOPESONG GET BACK HERE" Dogday roared, but (Y/n) dragged him away. "we have to leave!" (Y/n) managed to drag him away to where BB was leading them as the prototype burst through the metal doors. Hopesong grabbed the cannon and ran to the emergency exit just in time as the prototype reached a hand through the window and attempted to grab her.

She ran down the hall with her cannon held close. She couldn't use it like this it would be too dangerous, so she continued running to the mentioned safe zone. The prototype was making its move, so now they had to make their move.

●~<☆>~●

"You are letting your clinginess get the better of you! You nearly got us killed. " Poppy scolded Dogday. They had gotten to the safe zone with BB's guidance, but once they finally arrived, Poppy was furious that Dogday hadn't left when Hopesong asked him too. Dogday growled. "She is my daughter! Her and angels' safety are my main priority!" Poppy scoffed "Well clearly not since you almost got us all caught by the prototype!" Poppy crossed her arms while Dogday growled.

(Y/n) sighed and separated the two "ok enough arguing right now. We need to focus. The prototype has figured out that we are here, so we need to stay on our guard and not argue. Poppy, I know you were scared, but so was Dogday. Cut him some slack for going against Hopesongs' wishes. " Poppy looked at the ground, staying quiet,"and Dogday, you are letting your fears get the better of you, which isn't helping." Dogday and Poppy quietly acknowledged (Y/n)'s words. While they waited for Hopesong, they remained quiet, especially Dogday, who was lost in his thoughts.

His daughter was reckless she had always been adventurous, but this was too much. She could be hurt she could be DEAD, and then what? He'd be a failure of a father again, just like all those years ago when he failed to stop Catnap from killing everyone. He was a useless burden who couldn't save his friends and daughter. Now, he was given a second chance with his angel and Hopesong, and he refused to lose either of them. No matter the cost.

They all paused when they heard footsteps (Y/n) was the first to spot Hopesong, who was holding her cannon. She was out of breath, wiping her head from the sweat "alright good news, and bad news the prototype is back in its lair the bad news is that it now knows were coming for it" she said putting the cannon down. Before she could say more, Dogday rushed over to her and checked her over for any scratches or bruises, and once he was satisfied he hugged her tightly "Don't EVER scare me like that I...I thought the prototype took you or worse!" Hopesong was surprised but hugged him back."I'm ok, Papa, really I am, but I had to grab the cannon." Dogday didn't respond and just held her.

"So what's the plan now?" Poppy asked Hopesong, who pulled away from Dogday "we don't have much time since the Prototype now knows your here and has breached The Hub we'll have to stop it now before it changes tactics" (Y/n) nodded "and this safe zone?" Hopesong turned to (Y/n) "it's the halfway point to the prototypes lair, and it's away from any creatures trying to eat us" BB jumped onto Hopesongs shoulder and whispered in her ear "The little ones are making their way to the lair so we should start heading there now"

And with that, the group made their way to the prototypes lair.

●~<♤>~●

The secret was eating (Y/n) alive they understood why Hopesong told them to keep it a secret. Dogday would vehemently refuse to let Hopesong go through with the secret part of the plan, but they also knew that what she was doing was the equivalent to suicide.

Hopesong had changed from the young pegasus she knew ten years ago. They can see the physical scars that cover her body, though they were covered by the bandages. They also saw the mental scars that Catnap left behind since she didn't sing one time since they got down to the labs. Maybe she was willing to give it all up because she didn't want to lose the people she cared about to forces out of her control. It was admirable but foolish. Did she know how broken Dogday would be? Losing his daughter again after just getting her back.

Dogday looked at (Y/n) and saw the turmoil on their face. "Angel? Are you ok?" It was an innocent question, but (Y/n) now has to decide. Do they tell Dogday about the other part of the plan or keep it to themselves. They remembered back before they confronted Catnap when they asked what he would do if he ever saw his friends and daughter again. He gave a solemn look to his angel. "I would hug my friends till I couldn't, then I'd hug my daughter and tell her how much I love her, and swear that I would never lose her again....I can't lose her again" the memory seemed to fuel their decision as (Y/n) looked at Dogday with a serious expression.

"Dogday, I need to tell you something,"

The end is close upon the group, and the evil plans to tilt luck in its favor. But maybe it won't have to if it can manipulate the love of a father.