The Sun will be Rising Soon

"A party?" Hopesong tilted her head at the idea. A full year has passed since the group escaped the horrors of the Playtime factory and started to heal. (Y/n) nodded as the little ones did their best to put up a 'we did it!' banner in the kitchen. The little ones were apprehensive to leave the factory at first, but after some convincing from (Y/n), they got in the car and started to live in the shed next to the large cabin since there was more room for them in the shed.

"Ya It's the first anniversary of us escaping it'll be nice to celebrate it!" (Y/n) exclaimed. Hopesong hummed, "sounds cool. Did you already tell Poppy and Papa?" BB was on her head braiding her hair as the two spoke. (Y/n) sighed, "Poppy knows, but I can't find Dogday." Hopesong figured that would be the case. Dogday had started to hunt in the woods for deer and other animals, and while Hopesong, (Y/n), and Poppy didn't mind, he would usually lose track of time.

"Don't worry (Y/n). I'll go find him." Hopesong grabbed her bag and slid open the glass sliding door. When she walked put she was met with the warm afternoon sun it felt so nice being able to feel actual sunlight. It was comforting and warm, but Dogdays hugs were better. She walked into the woods, looking for her father, which was not an easy task since he was fast and would go from one place to the other.

It was Autmun, and with every step Hopesong took, a crunch of leaves would sound. She loved Autmun out of all the seasons it was a blend of red, orange, and yellow with a small chill in the air signaling winter was just around the corner. It was soothing to her, and she liked the change after being stuck in a dome that only had one season.

She paused, hearing something, and smiled, walking over to a clearing and rolling her eyes "Papa I know your here you can come out now." Having been caught, Dogday walked out, scratching the back of his head.

●~<♤>~●

Dogday would never admit he was an overprotective father. Never. If Poppy were to tease him, he would get defensive and say he was only making sure she was safe. After all, she almost lost her life and had been fighting for her life against crazy, cannibalistic monsters for ten years. She deserved a break to just be herself and relax. That's how he justified following her around the woods when he happened to see her during his hunts.

Dogday just wanted to make sure nothing bothered her while she went on her strolls. Any wild animals that tried to hurt Hopesong? They would be gone, and Hopesong now has a new fur jacket. However, Hopesong was very observant, so if he wasn't careful, he'd get caught. Today was one of those days he wasn't careful. Hopesong chuckled, seeing his embarrassed face. "Papa, you don't have to follow me around, you know. It disrupts your hunting and startles the animals, " she teased, making Dogday huffed."I'm aware, sweetheart, " he crossed his arms, having no real bite to his words.

She laughed, oh he missed that laugh before looking up at him "anyway it's good that you followed me, (Y/n) wants to have a party to celebrate our escape from the factory they were wondering if you wanted to join" Dogday was a bit surprised by this and had to give it some thought "I don't know....are you certain we should celebrate that..?" Hopesong shrugged "I mean it's nice to celebrate when we turned the prototype into ashes so why not make all that stuff we went through something we can celebrate instead of brooding" she gently elbowed him in his stomach.

Dogday chuckled and sighed. "Alright then, let's have a party." Hopesong hugged him and took his hand."Let's go then! I can't wait! I hope they got cake! I missed cake, oh! And ice cream!" Digday listened to Hopesong holding her hand. He missed this he may have lost his friends, but he had his daughter, and hearing her ramblings and laughter eased the pain, knowing he wasn't the last.

●~<♧>~●

(Y/n) watched Hopesong talking to the little ones that surrounded her. The party was in full swing as the sun began to set. Dogday and Poppy were sitting on one couch just talking and drinking fruit punch while Hopesong was sitting in a chair playing with the little ones. Music was playing, and the other little ones who weren't playing were dancing to the music.

Hopesong chuckled and got up to join the dance. (Y/n) sat down next to Dogday, resting their head on his shoulder. They wished Hopesong didn't wear a hoodie to hide the scar on her back since it was clear it made her wing uncomfortable, but they understood that the mention of the scar was a sore spot for her, so no one pushed her to show it.

Hopesong gave the little ones some cookies ,who greedily ate them before going into the kitchen to grab cake. (Y/n) hummed before looking at Poppy and Dogday. "What's Hopesongs' favorite song?" Dogday was perplexed raising a brow at (Y/n)."Why do you ask angel?" (Y/n) chuckled, grabbing their phone "cause if I remember correctly, Hopesong has a beautiful singing voice. " Poppy and Dogday caught on and smiled alongside them.

Hopesong walked out from the kitchen holding a plate with a slice of chocolate cake on it, but before she could sit down in her chair to eat, she noticed the music had changed. She also noticed (Y/n), Dogday, and Poppy giving big smiles. Hopesong rolled her eyes, smiling back. "I left for five seconds and you three already made a plot to get me to sing, impressive" (Y/n) shrugged "Come on, it's been ages since you've let your beautiful voice free why not show the little ones you've still got talent?" It was obvious (Y/n) was buttering her up, so she would sing just to boost her ego, but that wasn't needed.

Hopesong placed her plate down and cleared her throat.

"For every night goes quiet~"

"And every moon grows blue~"

"Beyond the dark comes something new~"

"The sun will be rising soon~"

This small family may be odd, but it's home, and Hopesong wouldn't trade them for anything.