1. Anklets

The meeting room was very quite, no one dared to make a single voice and face the wrath of the devil himself. A man in his late 40s is standing in the middle of the meeting room. Sweats have formed on his forehead.

The only source of sound was the tapping of the fingers on the glass table, Rudraksh stopped tapping and looked at the front and smirked.

"Don't you think you own me an explanation, Mr. Khatri," his calm yet dangerous voice made shivers run down from the people's body.

"S...sir ac...ctu," He was interrupted by a loud voice, making everyone flinch and get up from their seats, Rudraksh punched his fist on the glass window, making it broke into pieces.

"FOR FUCK SAKE'S STOP STAMMERING," his scream echoed in the floor, his eyes were blood shed red. His veins were popping out from his shirt due to anger.

"Bhai sa, please calm down," Arav came listening to his loud voice, his eyes became wide looking at his brother's hand covered in blood.

"How can I Arav? When I know that if I didn't find it on time that this Khatri was mixing chemicals in the material which can even led the building to collapse in future, it can even cause teh death of thousands people How can I stay calm?"

"I know bhai sa, please calm down. This much anger is not good for your health." Arav made him sit on the chair and asked guards to take Khatri to the basement.

"Now everybody, please go to your work," Arav said in a calm voice when Rudraksh get up from his place and moved towards his cabin, followed by his secretary.

Rudraksh entered in his cabin and locked it from inside. He sat on his chair putting his one arm on his forehead, calming his breathe.

He opened his drawer and pulled a box out

He opened his drawer and pulled a box out. He opened it and seeing the thing his eyes became soft and a smile formed on his face. He caressed the silver anklets with his hand which was not injured.

He again leaned on his chair, closing his eyes but this time with a small smile remembering those blue eyes. How a small girl took his heart and a small piece of his life with herself two years ago. In Masoorie,

2 years ago

Rudraksh's Pov-

"Rudraksh you know I will pray to Bholenath to give my Rudra a beautiful partner just like Parvati," Dadi smiled towards me and joined her hands. I chuckled on her words, it is only me and her.

I was coming here to sigh a deal when she insisted me take her and who I am to say no to Rajmata. I joined my hands towards bholenath and closed my eyes.

'Hey Mahadev, I just want my family to be safe and happy always. Make me more strong so that I can protect my family and my people from the danger so they can live peacefully. Har Har Mahadev,'

I whispered the last words and bend on my knees to pray and offered water and milk to the shivaling.

When we came out dadi gave me the prasad and we sat down on the bench to rest. Dadi turned towards me and kissed my forehead making me smile.

"Sab hamre liye hi maanga ya apne liye bhi kuch maanga," Dadi asked me with a soft smile

"Of course I asked him to make me more strong so I can protect you all," I smiled at her, that's how I am. I don't know what to ask god for myself when I have everything. I have a loving family, I have food to eat daily, I have a roof on my head.

Dadi smacked my head lightly, "Or tera khyaal kon rakhega, Jab din bhar hamara khayaal rakh kar jab apne kamre mai jaayega toh wha bhi toh koi honi chahiye na, jiske god mai sir rak kar duniyaa ki saari pareshaani sab bhool jau."

"And what will I get it by placing my head on her lap," what's the need of it, I am obviously happy with my soft pillow.

"Sukoon, jis trh maa ki god mai sukoon milta hai waise hi jis se ham pyaar krte hai. Uske hone se hi hame sukoon milta hai," She caressed my head lovingly leaving me in my own thoughts.

In all these years, working my ass off as a good king, as a CEO I didn't get any peace. Always running from here and there, working and giving my family happy life, It's not like I am not happy doing this, looking at them smiling makes me at peace but at night it really feels lonely. Every night I sleep on my bed, I think of other day, what are the works I need to do tomorrow and etc. etc. Not a single night I spent peacefully, and I realized it now when dadi mentioned it.

"What are you thinking?" her words pulled mweout from my thoughts, I looked at her and shook my head in no.

"You just rest here, I need to make a call then we will leave," she smiled and rested her head on the chair.

I was walking looking at the sky, How calm this place is, beautiful and peaceful. I smiled when I heard a small sound.

I followed the sound, there was a girl with some kids laughing and dancing. My steps halted at it's place, my eyes stopped at her face. Her long hairs were flowing in the air beautifully, the white anarkali was covering her white skin beautifully.

Her laugh was a meticulous sound to my ears, when she turned towards my direction and that time her blue eyes clashed with mine made my heart beat fast. She moved away her gaze and again started dancing, her silver bangles were making a beautiful smile.

"Bhagwan ne fursat se bnaya hai ise, sirf hmae liye," Before I could stop, the words came out from my mouth. She was lost in the dancing and I was lost in her, this is the first time I was feeling something like this, Sukoon, or love I can't name it, but I know that I am feeling happy.

I started moving towards her unknowingly. When I was near her, the rain started pouring down, broking her trance she started running towards the shelter with the kids. I looked down and found the silver anklet of her, I bent down and took it and smiled.

The first time in my life I didn't found the rain dirty and with germs. I opened my arms filling the every drop of rain on my body, like she is touching and caressing my face. I was smiling genuinely, when a voice reached my ears.

"Beena pratiksha ke bhojan bhi nhi milta toh jeevan sangini kaise milegi," I looked around for the source of voice but found no one. Then I remember dadi and run towards her, but I knew that she had just not run from their, she also took my heart and a piece of me.

Present

A knock from outside broken his trance, Rudraksh opened the door and saw his brother with first aid.

"Bhai sa, why you never take care of yourself," He started looking at his injured hand and gasped.

"Bhai sa, it is not looking good we should go to hospital,"

"I am not going to the hospital for this stupid wound, Arav," He said

"Fine than I am calling maa," He was about to call when Rudraksh snatched his phone and grumbled 'fine'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is the 1st chapter

did you like it, please, vote, comment, and also follow me on Instagram

ishikawrites_25