7. First Night

I slide down the window of the car, feeling the cold and relaxing air of Jaipur on my face.

We left Chauhan haveli half an hour ago after the fight, which took place between Rajvansh and Randhawa's.

That was unexpected when I saw Shivanya with him, I heard about him in news and magazines. He was always in the eyes of the media because of his scandals. But who has the guts to post anything about The Shivansh Singh Randhawa.

I looked at the man who was sitting beside me, his arms were resting on his head and he was leaning on the seat, sleeping, tired of what happened today, he was tired both physically and mentally.

We were quit the moment we entered this car. No interaction took place between us.

I held his head gently and laid it on my shoulder without making much noise. The moment his head touched my bare shoulders, his face automatically hid in my neck and his arms around my waist like he was waiting for me to do it.

I put my arms around his shoulders and rested my head over his, feeling the warmth of his body. Not in that sense, but in a way of consoling. He was holding me, like protecting me from everything, and I was holding him, telling him that I was here with you.

The moonlight streaming from the glass window glows his face in the dark, making him more beautiful and attractive. His hairs were falling on his forehead, and my fingerers were twitching to move them and run my fingers in his hair, so I did it.

No words were exchanged between us , but we still provided comfort to each other. I think that is the meaning of marriage, we don't need words to make our partner understand sometimes all we need is to make them feel, be it with your eyes, or with your facial expression.

I didn't realize when the train of my thoughts came to the station and darkness consumed me.

My sleep was disturbed when I felt cold hands on my cheeks. I opened my eyes and saw those dark brown eyes, looking at mine.

"We have reached Avantika. C'mon, let's go,"

He said and kissed my forehead, making me calm. He came out from the car and opened my side, offering his hands to hold. I held his hands and came out from the car holding my lehenga with another one.

We walked towards the entrance when suddenly the lights turned off and all I could see was dark. I gripped his hands more tightly.

"Don't worry, I am here," He whispered in my ears, sensing the fear building inside me.

Suddenly, a spotlight falls on Reyansh, who came running to me and sat on his knees with a bouquet of roses in his hands.

"Reyansh, what is this baby, and where are others?"

I asked and chuckled when he showed me his palm telling me to have patience. I smiled and looked at Rudraksh, but he just blinked his eyes and shrugged.

Another spotlight falls this time on Shourya and Sourabh. They also sat on their knees opposite to each other, leaving space for me to walk with roses. The same thing did by Divya, Shrishti, Kiaan, Arav, and another man whom I don't know.

The lights came back, and the fire crackers started bursting in my air. I smiled and looked at them, who was laughing and smiling at me.

Suddenly, I was in the air and closed my eyes when I felt in someone's arms. I opened my eyes and looked at Rudraksh smiling at me and walking towards the entrance where the whole family was waiting for us with a smile.

He put me down, and Surbhi Aunty did my aarti. Then I kicked the kalash with my legs and dipped my feet on the Aalta, and walked inside.

The whole time, Rudraksh was holding my hands so I could walk properly.