2. Mannerless girl

2 days later

The sky was clear, the sun was shining brightly, and birds were feeding their kids in their nest. Butterflies were flying near the flowers.

The noise of laughter can be heard from the house. It was a beautiful white house, not so big nor so small. 'Orphanage' was written in the big letters on the board.

All the children were standing in the line, 4 to 5 young people in their late 20s and early 30s were examining them wearing white coats with a stethoscope with great pride.

"Thank you so much, Avantika, for coming here every month with your team,"

"C'mon Dai ma, it's a part of my job. To treat people, that's what we do,"

A girl in her mid twenties smiled and replied politely to the old woman. She is Avantika Singh Chauhan, wearing a white coat, her hair is in braids, and her blue eyes are shining more brightly in the sun.

"Mam, everyone is healthy here." A boy came to her and informed about the kids showing their report.

"Ok, good job, Ritwik. If you will work like this, I am sure at the end of your internship you will become a great doctor,"

"All thanks to Sahil sir, under his guidance, I am able to do such a good work,"

"Ya ya, now pack your bags. We should leave now, I have surgery in 4 hours. I need to prepare for it,"

"Ok, Mam," by saying this, Ritwik left when Avantika's phone rang. Flashing her mother's name, she gulped. She knows what's going to come.

"Jai Ram ji ki," by saying this, she picked up the call

"AVANTIKA SINGH CHAUHAN," Her mother's scream made her to keep her phone away from her ear.

"Mumma, why are you busting my ear drums," she said while biting her lips, a habit she does whenever she gets scared

"What you did this time with that poor Ashish?" She knows this was coming. After all, it was the 6th boy in 4 months whom she scared away with her tactics.

"Hahah, mumma wo.... actually. Wo Ashish ek number ka fattu tha maine shin Hari se bhi ghatiya bhoot bankr use draya wo fir bhi dar gya, Can you believe it? Hehe,"

She laughed nervously and reasoned her.

"Hnmm, my beautiful, sweet, cute daughter," Avantika heart became faster listening to her mother's sweet voice. She immediately took the stethoscope, which was lying on the table and checked her heartbeat.

"What happened, mumma?" She asked nervously

"Nothing beta just come home, thare vaaste dal bati churma bnau su mai, thik," by saying this she hang up leaving Avantika in horror.

Her phone pinged, showing his brothers message.

"Warning Sisso, dal bati churma tumhare liye ni ban rha hai, tumhara ban ne waala hai,"

Her phone again pinged, and this time, it was the photo of her mother fuming.

"Bhai, please give me the night shift today. Please, please,"

She sent him the text, and the reply came within seconds

"Hehee, why do you think your brother will help you, all the best, Sisso. Tata bye bye,"

By saying this, he turned offline, leaving Avantika in horror. It's not like she does not want to marry. She is 25 and is the right time to settle down. But all those men's her mother was choosing for her was he mami's choice and she very well knows which type of men's her mami chose.