13 -- Raw

This chapter is dedicated to Kamiccola whose ONC entry The Madman of the Woods used, among other prompts, the "blood on the windshield prompt" (though much more skillfully than me). The story features an old vampire who just awoke from a hundred year slumber to roads, cars, and all the other wonderful things of the 21st century, and a vampire hunter eager to show him what he has been missing out on. Sprinkled with some light humor, this story stuns with great imagery and an intriguing plot. Check it out and be dazzled. 

Warning: This chapter includes a 🌶️🌶️🌶️ scene which will be marked within the text

Warning: This chapter includes a 🌶️🌶️🌶️ scene which will be marked within the text. Feel free to skip.

~~~~

Nicosia, Cyprus

February 2024

~~~~

I crane my neck to check for approaching vehicles, but the path toward the runway is deserted. The pilot parked the Gulfstream away from the busier side of the airport with the humming of roaring engines from commercial planes only audible when they take-off or land.

Refocusing back on my conversation with Conor on the burner phone, I play with a loose thread of the blanket. He has been giving me an earful about missed opportunities because I stayed behind. "Look, Conor, I know what I'm doing. When Bastian asked me if I wanted to accompany him, I could see it in his eyes that he was hoping I'd say no. It would've been premature if I had imposed. Besides, he never even said where he was going. I only know about the son in the hospital because he and his bodyguard had a spat about it." Anton is a mega arse who could become a real problem.

"Well, okay, I guess you are in a better position to judge the situation. What's the full name of the bodyguard? I want to run him through the system."

"It's Anton Wotcheck, or something similar, but don't ask me how to spell his last name."

"Nothing comes up, so let me do some digging."

A limousine is growing in size as it slowly makes its way toward the plane.

"Conor, I have to go. They are back." I end the call and stuff the burner phone into the little hidden side pocket of my bag. Getting off the bed, I leave the compartment to greet Bastian by the door. He storms into the plane with the bodyguard on his heels; I only catch the end of Anton's "talk about it."

Bastian totally ignores him, tossing his phone and a bunch of coins on the table as he addresses the flight attendant. "Beth, could you please let the pilot know that we need to leave for New York asap."

"Of course."

"And I need more painkillers."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Artino, but the two I gave you a few hours ago were the last ones. Would you like me to contact the pharmacy in advance and have them deliver a prescription to the plane once we arrive?"