The Bonfire

(Y/n)'s POV:

After Embry dropped me off at camp, he walked back towards his own house to get some rest. It was probably around 6 a.m right now, considering the sun's light was just barely coming into the sky. Everyone was still sleeping, besides Hugo, who was on watch. Hunter must have gone to sleep not too long ago.

"Hugo, when everyone starts to wake up, tell them we're going to a bonfire tonight." I communicated to him whilst in my wolf form.

"Yeah, no problem." He swiftly nodded.

I shifted into my human form and slipped into my tent as quietly as possible. Before I was entirely in, I took my shoes off and zipped up my tents zipper. I changed into some comfortable clothes and grabbed my water bottle, talking swift gulps of water. I placed my water bottle down and laid down in my sleeping bag, drifting off to sleep.

*Time skip*

"(Y/n), wake up."

I grumbled, pushing away whoever was shaking me. "(Y/n), c'mon. The bonfire is going to start soon." I groaned and sat up, pushing my hair out of my face. "There we go." Hunter chuckled. "I told you, you'd be tired if you went on that shift." I pushed him away from me and out of my tent. "5 more minutes." Before I could lay back down, Hunter grabbed my wrist and yanked me back up. "No. I don't want to hear you complaining that were late, so get up." I groaned loudly and finally forced myself up. "What time is it?" I rubbed my eyes. "It's almost 8. Bonfire starts at 8:30." I exhaled a breathe of air and put my shoes on before I left my tent. I brushed my hair, teeth, and washed my face with some of our water. This was the main thing I disliked about being down here. We couldn't stay in our wolf forms for longer periods, since the risk of being seen by someone was too high. Also, I had to do humanly essential tasks again. Unlike in the mountains, we could remain in our wolf form for however long we wanted to and still stay clean.

Once I was done, I made sure everyone was ready before we headed to Sam's house. I got a little worried, wondering if Embry forgot about his offer since he was nowhere in sight. Not that I didn't know my way around here, I just wanted to see him. Right when we were about to start walking, the silhouette of a wolf came into view. My body filled with an oddly big amount of joy once my eyes landed on Embry. My mood was instantly lifted.

'Must be an imprint thing.'

"Hey, sorry I'm a little late... Sam needed help starting the fire." He huffed out. It sounded like he ran here. I nibbled on my lip to keep in my laugh. "It's okay, Embry. You're here now." I smiled, winking at him. I turned to everyone behind me and ushered them forward. We shifted into our wolf forms and began walking to the bonfire. I was excited. I was finally going to see my father after 3 years. I know he'd be shocked to see how I looked now and I can't wait to tell him everything he's missed out on.

• Who's at the bonfire right now? • I asked Embry.

• So far, it's just the pack- minus Jacob, your dad, Sue, and Quil's grandfather. • He responded.

• Where is Jacob? •

• We don't know. I'm sure he'll make it before the meeting starts. • Embry nudged me, trying to lift my mood once he saw it sour.

Once we passed the tree line, we shifted into our human forms and continued to walk towards the group of people. As soon as I saw my dad, I quickened my pace. He was having a conversation with Clarke, who was eating a burger and sitting next to Seth. His leg was extended outward and his crutches that Sam gave him laid beside him.

"Dad," I whispered out. I was walking faster than everyone and jumped into my dad's arms as soon as I reached him. "Oh, (Y/n), my daughter." We wrapped our arms tightly around each other and stood like that for a few minutes. It felt so amazing to finally see my dad after 3 years. "I missed you so much..." I didn't want to let go of him. "I missed you more, my child. Jacob has been driving me crazy." I laughed and gave him one more tight squeeze. Once we finally separated, the pack was behind us, smiling at the heartfelt moment me and my dad had. I stepped away slightly so I could officially introduce my pack members to everyone. "Dad, these are my pack members." I introduced the 3 boys I spent 3 years in the mountains with first. "This is Hunter, my second in command. And this is Timothy and Thomas. These are the boys I was in the mountains with." The boys shook hands with my father and stepped out of the way for the rest of the pack to shake hands with my dad. "This is Hugo, Newt and Sonya." I looked at Teresa who was walking towards us with Clarke right behind her. "Clarke, you don't need to walk over here!" I rushed towards him. "I'm okay, (Y/n)!" He laughed but immediately stopped once he tripped on a rock. I ran forward to catch him and caught him before he was halfway down to the ground. I raised an eyebrow, "you were saying?" He looked away sheepishly and balanced himself enough to stand on his own. "This is Clarke and Teresa. They're also apart of my pack." My dad nodded and smiled. "Yes, they introduced themselves earlier." He looked around at everyone. "It's wonderful to meet you all. I hope my daughter has been an amazing leader." Everyone nodded in agreement and walked towards Emily to get burgers of their own. I looked at Embry with a small smile. I knew he could feel how happy I was. He turned to leave to give me and my dad some space to talk.