Embry

Embry's POV:

It was about 2 p.m., the day after (Y/n) came home. Me and the guys were heading to Sam's house to check on (Y/n) and her pack. It was interesting to know she and her pack were comfortable sleeping on the ground out in the open instead of sleeping in a warm, comfortable bed. Although, who was I to judge? It was the way of our people once.

The entire walk to Sam's, I couldn't seem to get (Y/n) off my mind. I can't believe she is my imprint. As far as I know, she already has an imprint, so how the hell did I end up imprinting on her? The girl who I grew up with was my imprint the entire time. How the hell didn't I imprint on her before?

'I never saw her after I became a wolf.'

My eye's widened in realization. Of course. I avoided both her and Jacob and didn't see Jacob until he finally shifted. If I had seen her before she left into the mountains, maybe then she wouldn't have left if she knew who her imprint was.

Before I knew it, I was on Sam's porch.

I walked into the house and greeted Emily, who was making us muffins. Her muffins are the most delicious muffins I've ever had in my life.

As I walked towards the table, I looked towards the little kid, Clarke? And the dark haired girl. I didn't catch her name yesterday. Both were still knocked out cold. I frowned slightly. Their entire pack must still be sleeping. They were all exhausted and probably didn't go to sleep until the sun rose.

"Has... (Y/n) and her pack stopped by?"

Emily smirked at me. "Her pack or just (Y/n), specifically?"

My face burned with embarrassment. "Um..."

"I'm just kidding. But no, they haven't stopped by. None of them." She frowned a little. "They all must be so exhausted. I feel bad for them."

Just then, Paul walked through the front door. "Hey." Me and Emily said our hello's back to him.

"You should go check on them." Emily pointed at me. "I don't think so... I don't want to bother them if they are still sleeping." Paul rolled his eyes. "She's your imprint. Not like they could do anything to you if you were bothering them." He shoved my shoulder. "Just go."

Giving in, I stood up from my seat and walked out the door, almost bumping into Jared along the way. I looked around wearily to make sure no humans were around before shifting into my wolf form. I smelled the air, trying to get a whiff of (Y/n)'s scent. Once I caught onto her scent, I jogged in the direction the scent lead me to. Before I got any closer to wherever she was at, I tried to make sure she was awake first before I stepped foot into her camp. I didn't want to be rude.

• (Y/n)? • No response.

I tried again. • (Y/n), are you awake? •

• Yes, Embry. She's awake. That's why she's answering. • I rolled my eyes. It was Jared.

'Prick.'

• Leave me alone and stay the hell out of my head! •

Just as my nerves were spiking, she finally responded. • Yeah, I'm up. I didn't know who was speaking to me, sorry. •

She paused for a moment.

• What happened? Is Clarke ok? •

One of the things I've always admired about (Y/n) was how deeply she cares for others. Even if she didn't know them, she always tried to help someone in need as much as she could.

I remember this one time when we were kids, Paul had sprained his ankle while we were playing in the forest. Jacob told her what happened and she forced her family to go visit Paul to take care of him. Much to his dismay, her family visited him for a whole week. Me, Quil, and Jared would always hear Jacob complaining about it whenever we saw him. Paul got teased about it for months.