Trouble Arriving

(Y/n)'s POV:

*CRUNCH*

I halted in my steps and my eyes darted to where the sound had come from. What I assume to be a branch, made a loud sound, so I knew the boys had heard it as well. After a few moments of silence, Hunter and Thomas quickly shifted into their wolf form and walked around the surrounding area.

The same unfamiliar scent made its way to my nose as I sniffed the air. I immediately tensed. 

• It's the same scent from earlier. We're being followed. • I communicated with the boys.

"Hello!" I called out. Another minute of silence passed.

"Whoever's out there, we mean no harm! We don't want any trouble!" I hollered into the distance, hoping whoever or whatever was out there understood the message. I sighed since there was still no reply back. I turned towards my pack. "We need to be extra careful now. We don't know who or what was that but, we need to keep moving. We're about 20-30 minutes away from the Uley's. Depending on how fast we move, we'll hopefully make it there in about 15 minutes. We keep moving straight ahead and a big house will come into view."

As we turned to keep moving, there were loud rustling noises coming from beyond the woods. Whoever was here came back with others. Judging by the amount of footsteps, there was probably 4 or more people. While we waited for whoever it was to come out into the clearing, me and Timothy shifted into our wolf form and moved closer towards Hunter and Thomas.

The wolves who were following us made their presence known by coming out from the trees and stalk towards us. 

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" The wolf that spoke was definitely a female. Her fur was a mix of brown and black, with some grey cascading down her legs to her paws.

"Who are you?" I narrowed my gaze at her and the rest of the wolves behind her. There was a total of 5 wolves, all with uniquely different fur coats. The girl grinned. "Oh, just a new friend, I guess." The wolves behind her snickered. Hunter growled in response and took a challenging step forward. The other pack didn't like this and all amusement left them as they growled back. 

"Cut the crap. What do you want?" I wasn't in the mood for any of her games. I just wanted to make it home before tonight, alive.

She turned serious and sounded somewhat annoyed. "Who's your alpha?"

"I am." I stepped forward proudly.

She stood quiet for a moment before responding. "Where are you headed?" 

"That's none of your business." I was getting more agitated. Why was this girl bothering us?

"Alright, I have a proposition for you. All of you." She stepped forwards, the wolves behind her mimicking her. "Join me and my pack." I was stunned for a few seconds, trying to process what she just asked. "No, thank you. We'll be taking our leave now." I turned to leave, but got stopped once a whitish, grey wolf jumped in front of my path. "What's the rush?" He mocked. 

My gaze hardened and Timothy growled loudly. "Move." 

With each step the other wolves took towards us, the closer me and the guys huddled together, our backs facing each other. "You see, we're out looking to recruit new members and-" I growled. "We said no." 

"You said no. I'd like to hear the others responses." The girl replied. She was most definitely the alpha of this pack.

"We won't be joining your pack. None of us here. Move on and leave us alone." Hunter spoke up.

The girl shifted her gaze towards him. "Two." She looked towards Thomas waiting for his answer. "No." He replied. She made a sound of disapproval and looked towards Timothy. Once they made eye contact, the both froze. They stood like that for about a minute or 2, creeping everyone out. Were they communicating telepathically together? Timothy's guard lowered a bit, and stood up straight. 

He shook his head slightly and looked away from the girl.

'Odd.'

The girl made a tisking sound while circling around us. "How unfortunate."

She stopped walking once she was in front of me. "You see, I don't like being told no, girl-"

"We don't give a damn!" Thomas shouted. 

Her gaze snapped towards Thomas, her teeth barred. "Or interrupted."

I snarled at her. "We're leaving." 

"No, you're not. I challenge you. Winner gets to be alpha of both packs." This girl was power hungry.

"If you think I'm getting in a fight with you, you're crazy. I have better things to do."

"Looks like'White Fang' is scared," the wolf with grey and tan fur joked.

"I'm not here to pick a fight, alright? We're just passing through." I was getting anxious now, but tried my hardest to hide it. I was an alpha now. I didn't have time to feel fear against anyone, yet here I was. I never thought a day like this would come, but what did I expect? I had to protect my position and my pack, always.

"You have 2 options:" the alpha spoke up. "1. Accept the challenge or 2. You and your pack die." 

As I stared at the dark brown wolf, I noticed snow start to fall around us. It was unusual. We were far away from the snowy mountains, so how did the snow manage to fall down here? It was surrounding all of us, the whole area we were in. 

Randomly, I felt some sort of relief and comfort. The small snowflakes kissed my skin and hugged me all around. Today will not be my last day. No, it will be the start of a new beginning.

"None," I raised my head up, feeling more confident than I did a few minutes ago. "This does not have to end in violence, let us leave peacefully."

However, I knew this girl wasn't going to let us leave. She had us outnumbered and seemed really adamant on having us join her.

• Hunter, quick! This girl isn't going to let us leave without a fight going down. Remember what I told you! Keep running straight down till you see a house. Ask for Jacob Black! Bring him and the rest of his pack with you. Tell them I sent you. •

"Nothing seems to be going through your head, huh.." She taunted. 

Moments later, Hunter darted down the mountain, doing exactly as I told him.

"Hunter!" Thomas shouted.

• It's okay guys. He's going to get the Uley pack. • I explained, calming Thomas down a bit.

• Let's hope he makes it on time. • Timothy replied.

"Oh, look! Your little boyfriend ran away! How sad." The boy from earlier laughed. 

"He's not my boyfriend." I replied, annoyed. "But, go on. I always expected that type of behavior to come from him during times like these." I felt a little sting in my heart as I talked down on one of my most valued pack member. I sensed discomfort from my 2 pack members as those words left my mouth. We all knew I didn't mean it. I was just stalling.

"Hm. Alright, get ready." The alpha lowered into a pouncing position, ready to strike at any moment. 

"Hold on." Thomas interjected. "What do we get if (Y/n) wins?"

"The winner takes over the other's pack as alpha, and the loser has to join the other's pack and respect and obey the winner as leader." This time, a wolf with chestnut brown fur spoke. It was a boy's voice. "On 3." Before he could start the countdown, I interrupted him. "Wait!" Everyone looked at me expectantly.

"At least... tell me your names." The other girl with whitish, grey fur snarled. "She's stalling!"

"No!" I quickly defended myself. "I just... wanted to know the names of my soon to be new pack members."

"Nice try, girl." The alpha charged at me, signaling the beginning of the duel.